NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG633 port forwarding (plex server)

ArthurHelp
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have never port forwarded before and am quite new to the concept.

For the HG633 router I've created a name 'plex server' and an application with an external port 32400-32400 and internal port which is the same. The protocol which I have selected is TCP/UDP and I have selected the internal host as this laptop with an ethernet connection. I have also made sure that I have created DHCP reservation for this laptop and that that rule is enabled.

Occasionally I'm finding that the port check tool websites will be able to 'see' my service but then when i refresh I'll get an error.

Not sure where to go from here and any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Yes my computer is directly connected to the router. If it goes down I shall send you a screenshot of the error.

Thank you for time and advice.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Is your PC directly connected to the router, or via anything else? Next time it goes down, if you can get me a screenshot of the error. Perhaps also log into the router at that time, go to LAN Devices:-

Home Network > LAN Devices

Set the status dropdown to Active and see if the PC is still displayed.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I've attached screenshots of my config. At the moment the port checker seems to be saying it can 'see' my service but yesterday with the same config. it couldn't. So I guess what I'm saying is it's working now I think but not sure why it is and wasn't before.

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Please can you provide me with screenshots of the port forwarding config as well as a screenshot of the error?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes