NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router and Epson XP 245 won't print

Dilcia
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

I have the new Talktalk router installed and my Epson XP-245 won't print. I have tried the trouble shooter and also the WPS button but nothing happens. My pc is Dell Inspiron 14 5000 and is in a different room to the router. Any help would be appreciated. 

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Fred_Sheehan
Philosopher
Message 1 of 6

This is taken from the manuals available for your printer here;

https://www.epson.co.uk/support?productID=20002#manuals

The most relevant bit I have copied and pasted below for you;

Making Wi-Fi Settings by Push Button Setup

Hold down the [WPS] button on the access point until the security light flashes. (the WPS button on the router itself)

If you do not know where the [WPS] button is, or there are no buttons on the access point, see the documentation provided with your access point for details.

Network connection from printer;

Press and hold WiFi button on the printer's control panel until the green light on the left and the orange light on the right alternately blink (approximately 3 seconds).
The connection setting will start.

Green light on the left and orange light on the right will simultaneously turn on when the connection is established.

Orange light on the right will be automatically turned off within 5minutes.

Note:
The printer is in a connection error status when green light on the left is off and orange light on the right is blinking.
After clearing the printer error by pressing the WiFi button on the control panel, reboot the access point, place it close to the printer and try again.

Hope this helps 🙂

MVC_sig_pomo_baz.png
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

I assume you mean an HG635, in which case this is very old by today's standards. Are you due a new router as part of this go-live date?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Not sure which it is though it has HG835 on the back and I have the Fibre 35 package. My account shows go live date is 30th July. My printer was connected to the previous router DSL-3680.

Dilcia
Ancestry research
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Dilcia 

Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have as they are all different? I assume that the printer cannot connect to the router's WiFi? If so was it previously connected to a different router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 5 of 6

@KeithFrench  can you help the OP with this?

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes