NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT tv or Sky TV

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Hi my son has just seen an offer for TV on sky for £30 per month and was wondering which is better TT tv entertainment and Film or the version.

Also what does this muti room thing entail what extra equipment etc?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Thank you everyone told my son everything and he has ordered me to order TT TV next week and from that we can apply to join the trails also 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Not sure whether this is supporting the OP or furthering another argument?

Sky Q boxes are on loan and thus covered for any faults arising, other than accidental damage. Back in the day Sky boxes were customer property with all the risks which that entailed. OK?

fre55die
Community Star
Message 3 of 13

@ferguson

But the first two perils covered are "faults and breakdowns" !!!!

As I said, a few years ago admittedly, when my box died they wanted to charge me to replace it.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

Message 4 of 13

Accidental damage cover for Sky Q? They'll try on anything! Unless you have the most basic home insurance whatsoever that would be covered anyway. I don't think TalkTalk, YouView or anyone else would cover their box in the case of accidental damage.

I have read a number of customers having problems with YouView.

fre55die
Community Star
Message 5 of 13

@ferguson

They sell a warranty for breakdown and accidental damage so the customer must be liable for these costs I assume    https://www.skyprotect.com//webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=11151

I have read a number of customers having problems with the multiroom side.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

Message 6 of 13

@fre55die wrote:

Multiroom can work out very pricey and from some reports the new SKY Q system can be very flakey.

With TT you can use the app to watch a lot of your subscribed channels and any p

And I am not sure what you mean here, Sky Multiroom is flaky, or Sky Q generally? I have no experience of Multiroom, but Sky Q  itself is far from flaky, very stable generally and in comparison to YouView from what I have seen.

Message 7 of 13

@fre55die I do not believe a possible equipment charge is an issue any longer, Sky Q boxes are never yours to own, they are loaned for the duartion of your subscription.

fre55die
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

The main problems I found with SKY are :

They increase prices regularly (I was with them some years ago and the price nearly doubled over a 3 year period and you're tied in as their contract specifically mentions price increases)

If your equipment breaks down they don't replace it free and charged full retail price in my case.

Multiroom can work out very pricey and from some reports the new SKY Q system can be very flakey.

With TT you can use the app to watch a lot of your subscribed channels and any purchased content, BUT Sky channels are not available "on the go" with the app.

You don't need multiroom to use this app and features.

Message 9 of 13

That's not a bad deal by Sky standards. TalkTalk TV pricing can be found here: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/explore-boosts

The main technical advantage Sky have is the availability of HD, which TalkTalk do not offer at present. On the other hand Sky are asking for a minimum commitment of 18 months, whereas with TalkTalk it is just one month at a time and it is easier to mix and match what you want.

As the old adage goes: "You pays your money ..."  🙂

Pash02
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Thanks i will show it to my son as he wants it, i am happy with Freeview 🙂

I have just noiticed TT's multi room only allows you to watch two TV's, can you not watch the film or what ever on a phone also?

This is what my son is talking about and i was wondering what TT has to match it?

https://www.sky.com/shop/offers/flash-sale/

Thanks again

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

Hi @Pash02

Just to throw in a spanner don't forget the NOW TV New offering :

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/07/isp-now-tv-slashes-uk-fab-fibre-fttc-broadband-to-just...

Now TV cinema is an additional £9.99 PM For the full SKY Cinema Package. The Entertainment Pass is £7.99PM.Sports, Kids TV etc. are also available. The service allows 4 devices to be registered (including mobile devices) with 2 devices to be used at once so true Multiroom included. It is worth shoppind around for the boxes on Amazon, Argos, Currys PC World ETC. as many deals are usually available, I recently got a box with a 6 month Cinema Pass for £28, and a couple of months ago one with 6 months entertainment pass for £30. If you have a TT box you can use them as a device for CINEMA only !!

Bear in mind the passes are now only valid for activation for about a year from delivery. I currently have 12 boxes any ideas for selling them minus the passes?

BEAR IN MIND NOW TV BOXES DO NOT RECORD AT THE MINUTE !!!

NOW also have deals available on their passes  https://www.nowtv.com/offers

The catch up and box sets are amazingly comprehensive but you get a limited live IP channel selection (12 channels at last count) but it does include

As @ferguson said it really depends on your viewing habits, and what you want.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

It is impossible to recommend any TV package without knowing individual tastes and preferences, I am pretty sure if you check out the detail on all the various sites you can come to your own conclusion.

0 Likes