NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk2Go increasing speech delay during call

jax10
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

I have been attempting to use the Talk2Go app for a few months now. But I have issues when I use the app on my Mobile Phone whilst connected to a TalkTalk broadband connection. My mobile phone is a 1st Generation Moto G now running Lollipop, altough the problem also occured whilst the phone was running Jelly Bean.

I make the phone call and it successfully connects via the Talk2Go application, but after about 1 minute of conversation, already an approx 5 second delay has crept into the conversation. By this I mean that I ask a question to the person that I'm talking to but I only get a response 5 seconds later. This delay increases the longer that the call going on, until this makes the conversation useless and I have to phone the other person on either the landline or mobile. Once off the Talk2Go app, there are no delays. To add more insult to injury, the person who I'm calling is another talktalk landline number.

Over the past months I have tried a few different combinatons, ie. installed the Talk2Go application on another mobile phone, used it on other Talktalk broadband connections, but all with the same results. This is respective of the BB router to. I have a TP Link BB router, but I have also tried this on a Talktalk BB connection with a brand new talktalk router which was only delivered this week, box fresh!

The only time I get a good conversation with no delay is if I use the Talk2Go application whilst my mobile is connected to a non talktalk broadband. I got it to successfully work over a Hotel wifi connection and yesterday over a BT Broadband connection. I will attempt again on a Virgin Media broadband connection.

I can only put it down to some kind of setting on theTalktalk BB connection which is inducing this delay.

I really like the idea of the Talk2Go application and it could prove to be really useful to me in the home as we don't have Cordless phones attached to the landline. The Talk2Go application can fill this gap for me if only it work for me.

Please let me know of any ideas for tests that I can do to solve this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

HI Jax,

So this only happens on your home broadband. What speeds & ping are you getting from your phone on your BB? You can test it using a speedtest app.

Cheers

🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

When I get the issue, I'm connectng via wifi and have a strong signal, ie. I'm in the room or next room to where the wifi is. I'm able to hear the other person on the call fine, it is just that a delay started to be induced into the call. The longer the call goes on for, the more noticable it is.

As explained above, I don't think it is an app problem, moreover a setting on the TT broadband line as it works on other wifi over other networks (public wifi or competitors broadband)

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Jax,

theres limitations on what we can do for app related queries. When your making these calls how good is your wireless signal? Are you connecting over wireless or mobile data?

Cheers

🙂

0 Likes

jax10
Team Player
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

I'm afraid that I have gone through all those steps before hand to no avail, which is why I raised a forum query as I have had positive responses in the past from here.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi jax10

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please see Talk2Go App Support  for further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes