Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Bad site to use on mobile

5 REPLIES
technotronic
Popular Poster

This site is bad to use on mobile on data as it caused a post to be lost when trying to post it!!

Not that best early yesterday on WiFi either as text vanishes even then as now when typing longish post!

StephenF
Community Manager

Hi @technotronic,

Can you expand a little more, what device are you using and what pages/elements of the community are not working well..

I've noticed from your other posts that you own a Nokia E70, if this is the device you're having issues with then it comes as little surprise to me as i wouldn't expect a mobile from 2005 to be able to make use of the community or many modern websites for that fact as it wont support the latest web standards such as HTML5 etc.

I'm not telling you to purchase a new mobile but the new community was built with a mobile first approach, however, when doing this it's difficult to support modern and legacy tech as such we  built to the latest web standards and support the latest version of modern web browsers and unfortunately Symbian Os/browsers isn't a supported browser so unable to guarantee all elements of the site will work with that handset. 

If you're using a different handset and having issues, let me know and we'll investigate, I've also move this to the feedback board, hope thats ok :) 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

technotronic
Popular Poster

I do own n am trying to connect a Nokia E70 but my access was via a Windiws phone Nokia Lumia 630 using data n not Wifi.

While continuing text in a post on here the text disappears from view n has to be screen jump about.

Also cant place cursor near a word to correct it without erasing following text first!

technotronic
Popular Poster

I give up using its so bad on a mobile!

Steadypar4
Popular Poster

Totally agree. Each time I tried to move the curser by sliding it, the whole post just vanished. It's even worse than the new update.😱

StephenF
Community Manager

@Steadypar4 Can you confirm what Mobil device your use of so we can investigate? 

Thabks 

Stephen, Community Manager