cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

HTML checker rejects posts

10 REPLIES
Gondola
Community Star

Hi TalkTalk web designers.

Just tried to centre align this text using the align centre button above.

Feeling rejected.

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @StephenF

The HTML checker still rejects the use of the centre align button. Is a fix included in the next batch?

StephenF
Community Manager

Strange, just tested and didnt see the error, maybe its permissions let me take a look.

EDIT: Permissions are ok, what browser is this happening in, and is it on every post? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @StephenF

Firefox 51.01 under Windows 10. Every post.

This line was centred also.

Centre Align FailureCentre Align Failure

How did you get your text centre aligned ok?

Gondola
Community Star

and this one with Chrome under Windows 10. 

Left align.

Right align.

Centre align.

Chrome Alignment FailureChrome Alignment Failure

StephenF
Community Manager

hey, 

Thanks for this, I've not been able to replicate but its clearly an error. All users have the ability to add simple HTML to their posts and all items in the editor should be acceptable.

I've raised a case with our platform vendors to investigate further. 

Thanks 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @StephenF

The HTML5 code produced by your post and that produced for mine by the editor icons, above, is identical.

The checker appears HTML5 compliant (it rejects the HTML 4.01 center command for example) so although the error message says the code is not valid I would say the generated code is valid and it's not being allowed for another reason, like the level of permissions, such as you suggested.

StephenF
Community Manager
Looks like this could be a bug as just had confirmation this should be possible, will keep you posted.
StephenF
Community Manager

Hey @Gondola,

Platform vendor have confirmed this is a defect and will be investigated further to find a fix, however, i dont have a timescale, however, i do have a workaround, if you use the html tab you can use the following code which should be valid.

<center>Some text here</center>

Let me know if this doesn't work for you. 

Gondola
Community Star

paragraph left

paragraph center

paragraph right

Yes, that seems to work fine! Good work around!

Thanks!
left
center
right
<p align="left">paragraph left</p>
<p align="center">paragraph center</p>
<p align="right">paragraph right</p>
<p align="left">Yes, that seems to work fine! Good work around!</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<center>Thanks!</center>
<div align="left">left</div>
<div align="center">center</div>