cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Notifications received but no posts found

4 REPLIES
Discoverer
Insightful One

My user name is Discoverer & and I am not new but I have a question that I can find nowhere else to post.

Why am I getting notifications, both by email and in the notifications icon, of new posts on topic which I have posted to but when I log-on no new posts are shown?

I don't want to be sane again.
I like things the way they are now.

Life is like a toilet roll - the nearer you get to the end the faster it goes :(
StephenF
Community Manager

Hi @Discoverer

I've moved your post to the community feedback board to help get you answer, If someone responds to a topic you're following, you'll get a notification. You can check your notifications by clicking the Clock icon in the green circle at the top of the page or click the following link:

Community Notifications Feed

You'll notice that you have a couple notifications from the past couple days. 

Discoverer
Insightful One

Hi StephenF

On Sunday, 26th, I got an email notification that there was a new post in a thread I was following and when I logged-in there was a notification in the 'little green' clock but when I checked there was no new post showing - which has now (strangley) appeared today.

Only 44 minutes ago you said "You'll notice that you have a couple notifications from the past couple days" but I have had no email notifications, except for yours and the 'little green clock' does not show any.

Not complaining just trying to understand.

Discoverer.

Life is like a toilet roll - the nearer you get to the end the faster it goes :(
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Discoverer

The two most likely reasons for posts being made and notified but not seen when you look at the topic are:

1. The post has been deleted

2. The post has been intercepted and moved

The author has deleted the post or the 'comment spam' filter or moderator has delayed the post pending manual review and reinstatement.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Discoverer
Insightful One

Hi @Gondola

Thanks for trying to clarify the possible reasons why I got a notfication, for a post which at the time did not appear to exist.

To continue to add to my mystification unfortunately neither of your reasons gave the answer

1) The post was not deleted because it appeared the next day.

2) The post was not moved because it (eventually) appeared in the thread where the notification said it was located. It is possible that the post was delayed for 'review' altough when it did appear it had exactly the same wording that the notification showed it as having and the wording was not in any way offensive.

I suppose it is just one of lifes many mysteries.