Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BT says yes TT says no

6 REPLIES 6
billybob
Philosopher

Hello,

BT have been pulling cables all around my local area over the last few months and according to BT this is FTTP.

When I go on to the BT website it tells me i can have FTTP and shows a list of providers and TT is one of these providers that offer this service, but when I go into my account it tells me no you can't.

Now I know the new cable is there as I watched them pulling it through the underground pipe, BT tells me it's there, and it's ready to use, so why is TT telling me it's not?

Could you please look into if I can have it installed?

Cheers, billybob 😁

barney's rabbit suki dug me my new home, and its lovely and warm.
"If we ever need a new CM then baz134dog would be my choice"
Be nice to your kids: they'll choose your nursing home.
billybob
Philosopher

OK it's me again,

been having a look around the big wide web, and it seems its future fibre that's been installed to my house.

Looks good but for one thing, its more expensive than UFO and far slower? Why?

What would be the point?

I think I will stay as I am for now and look what's the best once my contract ends.

barney's rabbit suki dug me my new home, and its lovely and warm.
"If we ever need a new CM then baz134dog would be my choice"
Be nice to your kids: they'll choose your nursing home.
OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi billybob,

I personally think the way to look at it is, is the improved performance over your current service worth the additional cost. Unfortunately UFO is only currently available to a relatively small number of customers 

Chris

KrystalineD
Participant

I think I'm in the same position. 

I've had an email from BT Openreach to inform me that FTTP is now available at my address. 

I too have seen lots of work being carried out by openreach in our neighborhood over the past few weeks. 

BT website says that i can get an FTTP service at my address but TalkTalk still say no even though they are listed as one of the available suppliers by openreach. 

I understand that Openreach have to release the information to the suppliers and then those suppliers need to update their system to reflect that availability but it's now been 2 weeks since openreach told me that i can get FTTP and TT are still not allowing me to get it. 

Really wish someone from TalkTalk would look into it for me and give me a detailed and accurate response. I'm even prepared to sign up for a 24 or even 36 month contract if i can get FTTP with TalkTalk in the next couple of weeks. 

OCE_Michelle

Hi KrystalineD,

Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

OCE_Chris