NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS resolution problems

gsnyork
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have looked through previous forum posts and have found that a problem that I am having with my DNS resolution over wifi is a common one.

Every day or so DNS resolution stops working for all devices connect over wifi, although I can still ping external addresses ok. Updating the router's DNS settings, or rebooting the router, resolves the problem temporarily.

I have TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K10002816t

This is a duplicate of https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/No-Internet-DNS-not-connecting/m-p/2623533#M2880...

In the above post the problem was fixed by switching to a Huawei router. Please could you send out a new router to me too.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi gsnyork

I'm sorry for the delay.

This is still being investigated by our Products Team, we don't have any further updates at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

@Debbie-TalkTalk Are there any updates on this issue? It is still happening, although the frequency of the problem seems to have reduced.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi gsnyork

Thanks for your reply.

I will let you know as soon as I receive an update from our Products Team.

Debbie

Message 4 of 8

Thank you.

It ought to be resolvable with a software update to the router, as it appears to be a bug with the code that handles DNS over wifi, however I don't know if this is a recognised problem that they are planning to resolve.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi gsnyork

Apologies for this. I asked our Warehouse team to send you a Huawei router, I'm sorry you've received another Sagemcom WIFI Hub.

There appears to be an issue with us ordering the Huawei router and it's only letting us send the one you already have.

I've asked our Products Team to look at the issue with DNS and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie,

thank you for arranging for a new hub to be sent out. It has now arrived, but unfortunately it is another sagemcom fast 5364, rather than the Huawei that I need to resolve my problem.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi gsnyork

Apologies for the delay.

I've requested that a Huawei WIFI Hub is sent, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes