NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFTP TalkTalk availability

Jlee79
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hey all,

Full fibre to property was installed in my street in back in Dec and in Feb I received an email from open reach that it was now active and to order with my ISP.

Since then it is possible to order with BT and can get speeds up to 900mb/s download. I keep getting emails from them to join.

However I’m in contract with talktalk 18 months remaining and ( 25mb/s) download fastest I can get, and they say Full fibre is not available at my address and doesn’t show at all on their system.

Why would this be? I thought for competitiveness and fairness all ISPs are able to offer the same service if the line is installed and capable. I thought it might just be a little delayed for their system to catch up. 

it’s been almost 3 months now and talktalk still insist full fibre is not avail to my property even though neighbours now have 800mb/s download Via BT and I’m stuck and in contract at 25Mbs.

8 REPLIES 8

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Check your postcode here and complete the form

https://cloud.consumer.talktalk.co.uk/fttp-form-3

If BT/OR say you can get 900Mb then you can get the 500Mb service from TT.

The FF team don't have chat and the main TT number will give the the ADSL Team who know nothing about FTTP or FTTH.

The FF Team number is 0345 172 0074, this is 9 to 5 M-F

I changed during contract with no problems and moved my number to VOiP.

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from future fibre. Don't need to care about the distance from the green box any more, ADSL (or VDSL) issues, rebooting modems and then losing speed!
0 Likes

haczynskyj
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

Thanks. I was on chat with them today but nothing!  Unfortunately they are saying my address doesn't exist despite it being on their copper availability checker, Openreach's FTTP checker. I can also get BT & Sky FTTP. Unfortunately TalkTalk's computer says no. Thanks anyway for the advice. 

0 Likes

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 9

You need to contact the Future Fibre people. It's slightly confusing as the normal ADSL/VDSL know nothing about FTTP/FTTH.
https://cloud.consumer.talktalk.co.uk/fttp-form-3

I chatted/email/phoned - "No you can't get fibre" till I tried the FF option, bingo, no problem, no problem with contract. Now have 150Mb, did not need 500Mb.

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from future fibre. Don't need to care about the distance from the green box any more, ADSL (or VDSL) issues, rebooting modems and then losing speed!
0 Likes

haczynskyj
First Timer
Message 4 of 9

@Arne-TalkTalk Yes, I spoke to somebody on the phone but the outcome was pretty much there was nothing that can be done.  I'm a little confused as the address shows up on the regular fibre checker on Talk Talk but not the future fibre despite it showing up on OR FTTP checker and BT's FTTP checker.  I'll keep trying unless there is anything else I can do.  Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi @haczynskyj

Have you spoken to the Future fibre team using the links in the earlier post? 

haczynskyj
First Timer
Message 6 of 9

I'm in the same position.  OR state FTTP is available.  I can order 900mbps from BT.  All addresses at the postcode can order Fibre 500 from Talk Talk.  My address shows up on Talk Talks copper network address finder.  When I try to order Fibre 500 I cannot do it and nobody seems to know how to resolve this issue.  There are a number of addresses at the postcode on Talk Talks website that state N/A,N/A,N/A @ postcode suggesting data is not carried across properly. I just want to order Fibre 500 please help

0 Likes

Turkleton
Team Player
Message 7 of 9

Basically Talktalk have to upgrade their infrastructure inside your local telephone exchange/headend exchange. Obviously they don't do this until the majority of an area has been upgraded to fttp.

In my case it was about a 4 month delay between my street being laid with fibre before Talktalk had upgraded my exchange. And my street was cabled amongst the last in my town.

I would just keep checking on the future Fibre page for it to show as available.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi Jlee79,

Have you had a look at our Future Fibre Hub below? There is a section where you can register your interest and we would then contact you to advise when this is available.

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks