NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Available, but not from TalkTalk??????

BrogdenFields
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I've had an email from Openreach to inform me that FTTP is now available at my address, but I can't upgrade my current TalkTalk fibre connection to Future Fibre (FTTP). 

The scheme in the village was installed under a Department for DCMS Gigabit Broadband Vouchers and as a condition of this I have committed to sign up for a 12 month contract with any supplier within 2 months of the installation being completed. Being an existing and longstanding TalkTalk fibre customer I hoped that this would be a straightforward upgrade, but it seems not. 

I submitted an inquiry about Future Fibre on 7 April and got a reply from info@consumer.talktalkplc.com that said "Thanks for your interest in Future Fibre – our fastest, most reliable broadband ever! We've received your details. A member of our UK based team will be in touch to complete your order." But so far nothing.

I'm prepared to sign up for a 24 or even 36 month contract if I can get FTTP with TalkTalk in the next couple of weeks. If I can't get FTTP with TalkTalk I will have to switch to a different supplier, with consequences for my email address. 

I would be grateful for answers to the following questions:

1. When will TalkTalk Future Fibre FTTP be available in my area? (Location details in my personal profile.)
  2. If I have to switch to another supplier, can I keep my @talktalk email address? For how long?
  3. If I can keep my @talktalk email address for a period and FTTP from TalkTalk becomes available in my area, would I be able to continue with the same email address?

Regards, Brogden

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Brogden Fields,

Could you check out this help article - About TalkTalk Mail Plus, if you then need any further assistance please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Karl, 

Thanks for that; how do I retain my current email address when signing up to TalkTalk Mail Plus? Do I sign up after leaving TalkTalk?

How long is the "short time" that my TalkTalk email address remains active after leaving?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

The TalkTalk email address will remain active for a short time after you leave TalkTalk but to continue with this you would need to sign up to Mail Plus.

If you rejoin TalkTalk you would not initially be able to use the same address with a new account as it will remain linked to your current / previous account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks. Would you also answer questions 2 and 3 please?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I'm showing FTTP is not yet available to you.  I do not have an estimate at this time, as to when this will be available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes