NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Fault. BT Openreach won't send engineer.

sirlewis
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

Had Full fibre installed on the 24th May. Talk talk hadn't sent a router so I couldn't check if the install worked or not. 

When I did get the router, no internet. When I call Talk Talk fibre support, they speak to Openreach who say there is an error and ring back in a few days. 

I've rang back 5 or 6 times and got the same advice! 

How can I get BT Openreach to fix this? It's been installed for a over a month and still doesn't work!

Lewis
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

There is no dedicated FF Group - yet

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from future fibre. Don't need to care about the distance from the green box any more, ADSL (or VDSL) issues, rebooting modems and then losing speed!
0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Unfortunately Future Fibre (FF) messages are mixed in with ADSL/VDSL/UFO. It's not quite the same.
UFO is limited to a specific area and includes a phone, FF is data only.

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from future fibre. Don't need to care about the distance from the green box any more, ADSL (or VDSL) issues, rebooting modems and then losing speed!
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

sirlewis
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 27

Happy to say that we now have Future Fibre 150 - Data Only, installed and working after the engineer visit!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Lewis
0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Message 6 of 27

Sounds a bit like your ONT isn't authenticated with the headend in your local exchange.

Shouldn't take openreach more than an hour and a couple phone calls to resolve, based on my experience. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Message 7 of 27

Would you believe it. BT Openreach are coming out next week to fix! 

Thank you for all your help.

Lewis

Message 8 of 27

Hello,

I've passed this over now and have requested that you are contacted as soon as possible.

Thanks

Message 9 of 27

Added, thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk!

Lewis
0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Hi,

Ok. If you would like me to arrange a call from our Future Fibre Team then please can you add your FTTP order number to the Private notes section of your Community Profile and we can request this for you. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Message 11 of 27

The TT team talk to Openreach via a web chat, and it's Openreach who ask me to call back in x number of days. Not sure why they can't give me a date for a fix. 

Lewis
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi,

Did the team say that they would call you once they have an update or have they asked you to call back?

Thanks

Message 13 of 27

Thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk, I call around twice a week, they might be sick of my voice by now. 🙂

Lewis
0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hello,

Would you like me to request for our Future Fibre Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

Message 15 of 27

@Michelle-TalkTalk,  I've been on the phone a few times and they have to connect to Openreach who always want me to ring back at a later date.

Lewis
0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

@Turkleton 

Power: On
LOS: Off
PON: Flashing Green
LAN: On.
Talk talk have done a fault test..Not sure of the result.

Lewis
0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

What lights do you have on your ONT? (The small white box Openreach installed in your house), and are any flashing?

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 27

Hi sirlewis,

I'm sorry to hear this. Did our Future Fibre Team advise that they are still looking into this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27
Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk. I've been on them them loads. Im going round in circles. Seems BTW Openreach don't want to fix it. Not even give me date!
Lewis
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi

If you give our Future Fibre support teams a call, then can assist : 03451720074

We do not have any access to future fibre systems or pathways into Openreach for this at present, so are unable to give any updates.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE