NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My UFO experience so far

Yal87
Popular Poster
Message 22 of 22

Hi guys hope you are all doing well. I recently decide to switch to talktalk and decided to go with their UFO service in York. 

Signed up online, all smooth got an engineer date booked for 3rd Jan got confirmation from talk talk that’s when my service would start too. 

All excited waited for engineer who turned up promptly on time (12-3 in afternoon). Everything looked great till this point. 

Engineer and I worked out where the boxes inside and outside property would go and then they promptly started work with another guy outside doing the cable. 

First issue was the drill they had did not work and they had to go get another one, waited an hour and they came back and continued work. 

After the installed both boxes inside and outside they came back inside, here I was thinking we will be online now. But he said that they could not connect the cables outside to the main box and that they did not have the tools to be able to do it. 

My heart sank a bit and then he went to explain how he had set up for someone else to finish the work outside and someone would get in touch next day. 

I got over the our engineer will not leave till you are online but I had read on their advert since it was pretty clear he would not be getting us online. Not much more I could do so I said ok. 

Next day had no call so went on the talktalk website to check what’s going on. And there it said I had missed my appointment and that I should get in touch to book again. Even though the guy had literally made a hole in my wall set up the whole fibre equipment in my house this was an unpleasant surprise. 

Called talktalk to find out why it said that on the website I had missed my appointment and wanted to know when can I hope to get online. Spoke with a nice lady that kept insisting I missed my appointment initially and then accepted I hadn’t as I have all equipment in my house up and running except there is no internet with a red light flashing. 

After a long back and forth she connected me to UFO team and they said they do not see anything booked in for me and that they will send an engineer in the next few days and that someone will call me when they come over. 

Website just has the following about a missed appointment and had no calls so far and no internet either. 

This is my experience with UFO for those thinking about joining talktalk.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Amtony

Thank you for your concern and I have long cancelled this install as all I got from this company were stall tactics and no service to start with. One of the worst experiences one could get with their money to be honest. 

0 Likes

Amtonyhartley
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 22

No I asked for a manager of customer services to call me but they keep changing the appointment times and dates  this is ridiculous your left hand doesn't know what your right hand is doing  I am now very stressed and it is effecting my health but no-one at talktalk gives a hour about that . When the top customer facing manager lies to you then there is somthing wrong .  Read my case notes then you will understand I'm sick of going over every thing every time I call ,we are getting nowhere.  I will be reporting this to offcom and going to the national press  ,I think everyone needs to know how you operate .

Message 3 of 22

I'm sorry if you've been misinformed about the repair, have you spoke to anyone since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Amtonyhartley
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 22

I have a call back arranged for Tuesday next week,that isn't the problem,the problem is that Ben you highest customer facing manager called me today to report on the situation and told me that the team had installed a new  fibre optic from the cabinet to my connection in the path ,as you can clearly see from my photo this hasn't happened and a connection team is scheduled to visit my home later today, Saturday or late Monday . I'm sick of been lied to ,if there is no fibre how are they going to finish the connection. In the photo the brown cable is my fibre optic cable clearly cut this was taken last night 3 Msrch 2022 at approximately 5.45pm.  

20220303_173714.jpg

Message 5 of 22

Hi Amtony hartley,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience, could I just ask, have you got another callback arranged?

Chris

0 Likes

Amtonyhartley
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 22

If I was you  I would definitely cancel the the  install , i have had the service for a number of years nothing but problems , ranging from phone ringing constantly in the early hours , to nothing working at all , now northen gas has cut the fibre over 3 weeks ago , today i was told they have replaced the fibre , only to find when i arrived home the same hole  with the cut fibre optic poking out , the top customer service manager ( or that is what he said he was ) told me they had fixed it . i have been told over the 3 weeks that a manager would call me and given 2 hour slots for the call  6 times one of them today. these never happen  appointments get changed at the very last minute but fail to tell me. this is the worst broadband supplier i have ever been with , tell lies and don't give a s**t.

you have been warned .

does this look like its fixeddoes this look like its fixed

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hello,

Would you like us to arrange for someone from the Future Fibre Team to contact you? Please can you add your name and FTTP order number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Also just a reminder initial connection date was 3rd January and it is 21st January now. 

0 Likes

Yal87
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 22

Hi 

Yeah I’m still waiting for an engineer keep getting told same thing, that it has been escalated and to wait. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi

ok, do let us know after this if you need further assistance.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Yal87
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 22

Hi Michelle - that it will be fixed in the next couple of days. So just waiting but a bit more optimistic we might be getting help soon. Will update in a few days if anything happens or not. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Morning,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Did they provide any more information?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Been in touch and will find out soon what is happening. 

0 Likes

Yal87
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 22

Monday still not heard from anyone. Just debating if there is even a point to call up “customer service” hell to try and get an update. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hello,

Ok thank you for confirming. If you don't hear anymore by Monday then we can ask the Future Fibre Team if they can make contact with you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Yal87
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 22

They said to call them back if nothing has happened by Monday the 10th.

They said they know what the fault is and that an engineer will be sent as soon as available. 

Beginning to doubt anything talktalk say at this point and running out of energy to call and chase this up everyday on phone for up to an hour. 

Message 17 of 22

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Did the Future Fibre Team advise why the engineer did not attend or provide any estimated timescales for resolution?

Thanks

0 Likes

Yal87
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 22

Thursday come and gone. Still no engineer turned up or internet. But I have been in touch with customer service and been told to wait. 

Message 19 of 22

Hello,

Ok thank you for the update and we will check back in with you on Friday.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 22

Thanks for the reply Michelle,

I have been in touch they said I should be hearing from them soon, also an engineer should be coming on Thursday. 

Was planning to update on Thursday but ye as of now still nobody has gotten back to me. Day three of no internet so far, will do another update if situation resolved and how the talktalk engineer visit goes (if they turn up that is) on Thursday night. 

0 Likes