NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in York

KLMW1984
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

What’s the problem and when will it be fixed?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @rjo103

Please can you create your own topic on the Community, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

We have frequent drop outs, from a few seconds to half an hour, in Osbaldwick.

I don't know whether it is a flaky TalkTalk router or the service itself.  It seemed to improve a bit using an old Virginmedia router.

I have ordered a decent TP link router, if still have problems then we will know it is the connection.  At present, I am hoping it is just the normal rubbish router that ISPs provide.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

@jimgray 

Each users had different needs, so only you can  decide if its worth it.  But I pay the same for UFO as I would do for normal fibre  (FTTC) once my current contract expires.  So to me it made sense to lock in for the same price, for  24 months, and getting a much faster connection.

I have not tested the speed to the Router, but around the house on WIFI  from Router to Device I typically receive 400mbs (before that was about 8mbs).     Software updates to my mobile also happen in seconds as opposed to minutes.   Its also made a great difference to working at home when using OneDrive,  or Teams videocalls.    Maybe look at what you are paying now and what you use it for before committing.  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

I have had UFO since it was launched, was actually a beta tester of UFO before it was officially rolled out in York.

During the testing phase, I had a couple of outages, to be expected as it was testing stage and I wasn't paying for it during testing.

It is VERY reliable and fast, you will love it. I am in Rawcliffe so not far from you, and I never get any slowdowns. It is far more reliable and faster than my old ISP which was C&W/Virgin.

Since it was officially launched after the testing phase, I cannot recall any outages or issues here.

0 Likes

jimgray
First Timer
Message 5 of 9

Is the UFO worth it ? is it quick ?

I'm in Clifton Without and thinking of getting it.

Thank you 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you contacted our UFO Team directly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

No problem here in York either.

In fact, my internet has never gone down since it was installed nearly two years ago.

OP - what has happened?   do you have lights on the white TalkTalk modem etc?

0 Likes

joeyboswell
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Message 8 of 9

Think you are incorrect regarding York as a whole "Outage", no outage here in York for myself.

Else, I couldn't do this reply using UFO, which I have just done!