NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over a month, still not reconnected.

JoelGabb
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

We moved house on the 21st January and I was informed I would need to cancel my existing UFO account and set up a new account for the new property which would be installed on 29th of January.  The engineer doing the installation informed me RRT would need to come and do some work on the line before he could hook me up. Weeks later and after lots of phonecalls he came over again, said it was all sorted and put me in a box and dug up my garden. While hooking me up he said they was a blockage in the line and RRT would need to be called out again. He said one day that week the light on my router would go green and work. Over two weeks have gone by since then. I would like to request an update on the work to be done to get me online. Can't get through to anyone at Talk talk or UFO who can tell me what it going on. I have been told I'll be charged cancellation fees for moving and leaving my old contract early if I cancel now but I've been given no information as to when this will be resolved. This is totally unacceptable. I've been cut off every phone number I can find today despite them supposedly being open 9-6 and have now been on hold to the chatbot for 25minutes.

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to leave and for any inconvenience and disappointment caused by this issue. I hope all goes well with your new provider

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

After pushing staff at the UFO call centre to ask RRT if they intend to do the work at all I was informed they would not. Dispite being in a residential area near the centre of town talktalk can only offer me 6mbps on a copper line. I have cancelled everything, contacted virgin media who will have me online in 2 days time. I have also been forced to contact city fiber to remove the giant ugly box on my wall as well as the wires poking out of the front of my house. Thanks for wasting my time talktalk. 

Message 3 of 7

OK thanks. If you aren't contacted today could you try our Future Fibre support team and let us know how you get on, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I called every number I could find yesterday and when I got through it told me the office was closed dispite being within the hours stated online.

I eventually got through to the chatbot and was told a member of the team would be in touch today when they hear back from RRT. I am yet to have any contact.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi Joel Gabb,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience. Could I just ask if you've spoke to our Future Fibre support team about this?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Staff will reply during the week, @JoelGabb.

I'll move your duplicate post out of the way. 

Check that your account details are up to date. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes