NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connection Service Centre cannot locate TalkTalk Router, registering 18Mb on Ultra Fibre Optic

hilgor
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

The service Centre says that I am only receiving 18Mb to my Router via the Ultra Fibre Optic connection.

It also states that it is unable to identify my TalkTalk router.

And the online chat is not working, so I can't talk to them.

Does anyone have any ideas?

hilgor_0-1613298453428.png

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi hilgor,

I'm really sorry for the delay. Have you managed to get through to our UFO Team since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes when I took out UFO the normal chat team did not even know what UFO was or had any clue who I should call to order it.  My router apparently speeds checks every night, still says my download speed is 18mbs so as you say  there appears to be some communication issues preventing UFO users getting fully benefit from the MyAccount services.  

That same issue also stops me from making changes to calling features, email etc etc.

Can only assume its something to do with the UFO fibre network no longer actually owned by Talktalk with Talktalk now ust becoming a user of that fibre network so UFO customers are managed at a arm's length by Talktalk.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Make sure that pop-up blockers are disabled, @peteb99.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the reply Gliwmaeden2.

Unfortunately though the chat is supposed to be available right now it doesn't work.   If I click on the "Chat to our team" button nothing happens in either Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

As I say, very few TalkTalk tools actually work for UFO customers.  The service status never works for me, but if I try it on my parents TalkTalk line it works fine.

They've even removed the dedicated UFO helpline and you get put through to a normal helpline where they have no idea whatsoever about UFO.   One of my friends had to phone and was told there was no such thing called UFO and he must be talking about Future Fibre which was not available yet.

I'm just grateful that the actual broadband service works and is an incredible speed for the money that I'm willing to forgive these problems (until the service stops working, haha).

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@peteb99 and @hilgor, Chat is available today. 

Scroll down on this page for the link and details of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

peteb99
Chat Champion
Message 6 of 7

It doesn't work for me either.   I just get the message :

Sorry, we had a problem checking your services

We tried testing your network connection, but we can’t provide service status updates on your current package.

There seem to be a lot of TalkTalk tools that don't seem to work with UFO.

0 Likes