Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Really disappointing download speeds

5 REPLIES 5
moonirules
First Timer

I'm really disappointed with the speeds that I am achieving on my UFO connection.

This is the fastest speed test I have received across any devices and any connection. I have waited a while to post here because after initially raising my concerns with TT I was told that I should expect a period where the hardware is "settling in" for want of a better expression. I was also told during this conversation that the devices that I was using (and they were quoted to me) would not achieve any where near the speeds that I was expecting. I was also told that the router was putting out just over 500mbps. I have a couple of issues here:

• Putting out 500mbps sounds good, but it still isn't close to the speeds that I signed up for
  • I accept that devices vary, but across LAN, WiFi and ages ranging from 3 months to about 5 years, the speeds are consistently way off what I was expecting.

Has anyone else experienced something similar in both the speeds that they were achieving and the slightly hazy explanation for it from the support?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

There's a useful guide here to what your devices might possibly cope with ....not many devices can zap along at what you are expecting, @moonirules.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/UFO-Help/Fix-slow-UFO-speeds/ta-p/2296656

Staff will be back on here from Monday. They reply from oldest to newest posts, so ot can take a couple of days to catch up with the backlog. 

If you need help from them, they will require you to complete your community forum profile details. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi moonirules,

How are you getting on, has the information that Gliwmaeden2 has linked too helped?

Chris

Anastasia957
First Timer

Currently dealing with that issue. Over a year solid no slowdowns, now at 8pm-11:30pm, it drops from 900 to 150. 2 techs out, last one said he's going to send it up to a supervisor to see if the fiber node is oversold or if any issues with it krogerfeedback.com

jdbtee
First Timer

Think yourself lucky

Screenshot_20201110-103959_Speedtest.jpg

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@jdbtee and @Anastasia957, please don't post on other customers' help threads. Staff will only reply to the original poster.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

You also need to complete your community forum profile details. Staff use these to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

It will take a day or two to get a reply after you open your own thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.