NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom 5364 blocks access to social media and XBox Live games

scsmedia
First Timer
Message 29 of 29

Hi,

about 3/4 weeks ago some event happened (firmware 'update') which has caused my router to prevent access to XBox Live games (specifically Minecraft and FIFA22) as well as preventing calls via WhatsApp. Everything else has been eliminated (basically by replacing the router) or by reducing the firewall setting template from high to medium on the router the problem goes away. This is a laughable solution looking at what inbound traffic is blocked by the medium template (NetBIOS only). I want my router back to the firmware it had before the event (firmware update) so I can use it securely whilst being able to use my apps. I have been round in circles with support and it is clear on these forums that there is a known solution, but knowledge of it isn't widespread in TT support and it isn't described in the forums. 

28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Morning,

Thanks for confirming this and I'm glad to hear that this is now working ok. I'm just sending you a Community Survey via PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Thanks. Early days but it appears the downgrade has fixed the problem without having to reduce the firewall security settings. I assume the upgrade in firmware was designed to fix something else however since I don't know the purpose, I prefer it at the previous version where it works as expected. Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

OK thanks. I've started the firmware update, it can take up to 20 minutes, please don't switch off your router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

could you post the last 4 digits of the router serial number and we'll roll your firmware back

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi, can you downgrade the firmware immediately as requested please.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi scsmedia,

Sorry for the delay, I've asked our Product Team for an update, I'll let you know when I receive one.

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 29

Staff will be back from Monday, @scsmedia.

I'll flag this up again for their attention.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi, time is up for investigating now. Please revert the firmware of the router to what it was at 2nd April 2022. I don't want to see this at SG4K100136 any more. I've had to suffer all of half term with kids not being able to use the XBox.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hello,

They are investigating at the moment and we're just waiting to hear back from the team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Now they know, when can I expect it fixed please? Thanks. Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

OK thanks, I'll let them know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

There is one port forward rule and a Dynamic DNS configured. Didn't work with these unconfigured either (i.e. vanilla factory reset with FW set to high. 

Message 14 of 29

Our product team have asked if you've made any other changes to the router settings, other than changing the firewall to high?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29
0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

done 🙂

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Hi scsmedia,

Could you add your landline telephone number to your community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our Product team and ask them to take a look, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

scsmedia
First Timer
Message 19 of 29

On the previous version it was set to high (I have a backup of the config) but I don't know if it was default as it has been like that for over two years. Point is the config worked for two years and now it doesn't. 

Message 20 of 29

And on the previous firmware version it was set to medium by default and you set it to high?

Chris

0 Likes