NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping UFO WIFI channels from auto-changing?

acomb
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Our UFO Wifi has been fine in the past, but our neighbour has just got a UFO TalkTalk Router, and the auto-channels keep clashing. We've tried to agree set channels, but the routers keep reverting to auto-channels.

Is there a way that we can fix our WIFI channel please (i.e. can the WIFI 'optimisation' please be turned off)?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris and Karl,

Thanks very much for changing the setting 🙂

-

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

I've turned off WiFi optimisation, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris,
Sorry about that -- it should be there now 🙂

Thank you!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi acomb,

Could you also please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Chris,

That would be brilliant, thanks very much.

I've updated the info in the profile.

Many thanks!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi acomb,

We can try disabling wifi optimisation, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes