NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone

joeyboswell
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Message 17 of 17

I guess the phone service is full VOIP with UFO, I guess the "Fibre Modem" deals with this and has an internal backup battery as a recent powercut here revealed the phone still working with a cheap hard wired phone attached for testing.

But question is, when trials are complete, can I transfer my current Virgin house phone number over to the new Talktalk phone?

Reason is, I do not know where Talktalk got the new number from that I have for testing, but within a week, I have had 4 scam calls from so called "Microsoft and Talktalk" engineers from a call centre advising I have errors in my computings, wanting me to install Teamviewer so they can fix it for mel.

I do play along with them just to waste their time (will let them trash a VM box for fun next time to waste thier time more). But would rather transfer current home number if possible as the new Talktalk one is already on a scammers list somewhere out in the world?

Regards

Boswell

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Details sent

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Gus,

Could you send me your postcode and address over private message. I'll have a look at it now.

Kind regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Thanks Farhan

That works, but when checking service options, it says UFO is not available to my property :smileysurprised:

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Gus,

Apologies, made an error on the URL.

Here's the correct one: http://talktalk.co.uk/ufo-broadband

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Thanks John and Farhan.J ust waiting confirmation from my alarm company that there will be no problem piping into the fibre connection for the alarm monitoring.

BT Sport might be interesting for the MotoGP, if it is not silly pricing. Yes, agree John, F1 will be reduced to C4 highlights when Sky is gone, and then nothing when it goes to Sky fullstop!

Also Farhan, that link above doesnt seem to work for me!

Cheers

Gus

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

One small note to both on our TV products 🙂

Starting this fall, BT sports will be available - I've trialled it myself and have enjoyed the service.

Apart from that aspect, if you're looking for only On Demand content, I'm in the process of putting up a post shortly. You can access On demand stuff from our side without the need for a set top box.

Gus, same note on the TV boosts. When you take the service, subscribe to the boosts only after your services have gone live - that way you'll see all the discount offers we have running on the TV boosts side.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Gus

Have another read of my post, I have edited it since to clarify some info.

Regarding TV, personally I am happy to just manage with terestial freeview TV, but now Talktalk has the bandwidth in York, I am hoping they will eventually bring out a better IPTV system/box, but sky will still call the shots with reselling.

I dropped Sky many years ago due to the continued price lifting.

Heaven knows what I am going to do when the F1 racing coverage goes exclusive to Sky in 2019!  :smileymad:

Regards

John L

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Gus,

Adding on Jon's earlier feedback, when we had ported in Jon's number, around that time we had initial teething problems and a few hiccups with Porting - we did have a few bugs and few of our customers faced issues. Luckily we were able to resolve it out fast.

Presently, our porting process has matured and is smoother.

A few things to note:

1. When you're porting in your number from any provider, you'll be looking at least 10-14 days for your service to go live.

2. Call allowance - With reference to Jon's note, call allowance is different amongst the three UFO packages.

3. Voice features: There are several voice features such as caller ID which is offered for free. By default it is not enabled, customer has to select it for it to be enabled.

4. Call boosts: We offer different type of call boosts. My personal recommendation on boosts for signup is after your services have gone live. At present, for some of the call boosts, we have promotions running. At point of sale you may not see those offers; however once you've gone live, you should see it from My Account or alternateively you can ask us and we can let you know on the current offers.

If you have any questions on the packages, please feel free to give me a buzz and I'll be glad to help.

If you would like to place an order, either you can call our agents on 0800 230 0272; or alternatively you can place it online on http://www.talktalk.co.uk/ufo-broadband    .

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

@joeyboswell wrote:

Hi Gus

Yes, I have got my old number transfered over now so I have also cut ties with my old provider (Virgin).

To be honest, it was not as smooth as it should have been, we had various issues and outage time, but I was maybe a tester for this and it did reveal a few bugs with the Talktalk admin system.

However once everything was eventually sorted out, the phone is now working fine, thanks to Farhan for his lengthy assistance with the various issues.

A few tips though.....

If you transfer, ensure what free calls you are entitled to, as I do not have Talktalk TV, the only free calls I had was to other Talktalk phones. The current (discounted) boost of £5 a month that I have taken up means free calls to all uk land and mobiles is well worth taking up (a non brainer).

Also by default, the "Caller Display" is not enabled (well, wasn't for me) but can be switched on in your account settings with no extra cost, I also switched off the default answer phone service. The phone account settings have a lot of cool personalized options.

Hopefully Farhan will respond here and advise you the procedure to switch over your phone line, so that you do not have any issues. However, due to Offcom rullings, it may take a week or 3 due to the legal "Cooling Off" period when transfering a number.

Obviously dropping your BT line cost will be a saving for you, plus call costs if you have the correct package/boost.

Regards

John

Thanks for that info John. Much appreciated.

I will look into the various boost options. Given Sky continually jacking up their prices, I am also thinking of geting rid in September and would consider the Talk Talk TV options as well, as it seems I could get pretty much everything I would need for a lot less per month! My notice to BT  will be 30 days from when I call this week, so might work out ok regarding timings if I can get things moving!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Gus

Yes, I have got my old number transfered over now so I have also cut ties with my old provider (Virgin).

To be honest, it was not as smooth as it should have been, we had various issues and outage time, but I was maybe a tester for this and it did reveal a few bugs with the Talktalk admin/backend system that should be all fixed now.

Once everything was eventually sorted out, the phone is now working fine with my old number, thanks to Farhan for his lengthy assistance with the various issues.!

A few tips though.....

If you transfer, ensure what free calls you are entitled to, as I do not have Talktalk TV, the only free calls I had was to other Talktalk phones. The current (discounted) boost of £5 a month that I have taken up means free calls to all uk land and mobiles at all times is well worth taking up (a non brainer really).

Also by default, the "Caller Display" is not enabled (well, wasn't for me) but can be switched on in your account settings with no extra cost, I also switched off the default answer phone service. The phone account settings have a lot of cool personalized options.

Hopefully Farhan will respond here and advise you the procedure to switch over your phone line and that you do not have any issues. However, due to Offcom rullings, it may take a week or 3 due to the legal "Cooling Off" period when transfering a number.

Obviously dropping your BT line cost will be a saving for you, plus call costs if you have the correct package/boost.

If all goes well, Talktalk will arrange everything, then expect a call from the old provider to confirm you wanting to transfer (and them try to offer you false discounts lol).

Regards

John

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi John

I am looking to sever all ties with BT. How did you go about getting the phone service set up, and did you manage to transfer your number over? If so, did it take long?

Cheers

Gus

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Dear joeyboswell,

We have started an ivestigation into the spam call issue and we needed your support.

The next time you get a spam call, please let us know the timestamp for example spam call received on Jan 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm.

The timestamp will be helpful for our teams for the investigations.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Thanks

Sorry, I do not have a log of the numbers as I have only connected a cheap wired phone for the trial that doesn't have a caller display.

Regards

John

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hello John,

We are extremely sorry to hear about the scam calls. Would you be having a record of the numbers from which the scam calls? If yes, please share it with us and we'll have it look into it.

I will send you a seperate message shortly for your contact details to pass it to our team for the number teansfer.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Yes Please, I would like to transfer current Virgin number over after the trials as we are still getting a lot of scam calls with the TalkTalk number.

Thanks

John

0 Likes

farhanazad85
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Message 16 of 17

Hello Joeybowell,

Would you like to transfer your Current Virgin House phone number over to TalkTalk post completion of the trials?

If yes, please let us know and the team will get you in touch with the next steps.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes