NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFO Availability in Bolton

Atomic4l
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, Does anyone know if UFO is going to be available in Bolton or is this just a York thing? Checking my address in the Cityfibre website it says TalkTalk is now available at my address.

However calling them this morning I got told UFO is York only and that up to 500mb is only available through Future Fibre.

Can someone in the know at TalkTalk answer this please?

Kind Regards

Gareth

Here to help, Eager to learn.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Michelle,

I keep getting told UFO is York only but when has Dewsbury been in York? Loads of posts on here about UFO installs in Dewsbury.

I will wait and see what happens, but £40 for 500mb compared to £27.50 for 1 gig is not an impulse decision 🙂

Kind Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Gareth,

UFO is a product that TalkTalk sell that it only available in York. Full Fibre/Future Fibre is the technology that is available in Bolton and other parts of the UK which TalkTalk sell as Ultra Fast Fibre or Future Fibre depending on the area. Appreciate this is confusing with all of the different names but essentially at its core it is fibre to the home or FTTP. The link that you shared from the 2020 blog was simply an update explaining that Future Fibre was coming to Bolton. At this point we mentioned it in the context of UFO, however should have also mentioned Future Fibre. For any Fibre to the home availability questions, my previous link has a sign up section and also a register your interest which can be used by anyone in the UK to check for FTTP regardless of whether it's UFO, Ultra Fast, Future Fibre, etc. I hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Michelle,

Why then, is Bolton listed on your latest UFO news as the next 1 Gigabit City?

Ultra Fibre Optic Support Hub (talktalk.co.uk)

Full fibre comes to Bolton - TalkTalk Help & Support

Kind Regards

Gareth

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi Gareth,

Whilst UFO isn't available in Bolton, Future Fibre is. You can check availability below.

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes