NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFO Drop Outs

SteveB73
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Been having problems with the newly installed UFO broadband (4 weeks).

When the engineer fitted it he thought there was a problem with the cable further down the line and we might get dropouts, he was going to report it.  That never happened and we're constantly getting dropouts and slow speeds.

After reporting this to TalkTalk, I've been passed round and round, chased them constantly and still got nowhere.  I've had a TalkTalk engineer come to the house and look at the router and he says it's fine, and believed the fault to be with the fibre.

However, the fibre company (City Fibre) are saying there isn't a problem and I need a new router.  Which is not what the TalkTalk engineer says.  Plus when I plug directly into the ONT box, I get the same problems. I can get a D/L anything from 2mb up to 600mb, but a nice constant u/l of about 900mb

So I'm after some advice, how do I get the fibre engineers to come and look at the cabling?

I had no problems with the nice FTTC connection and very shortly I'll be plugging back in!!!!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi Steve,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like me to arrange for someone from the UFO Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

After 6 weeks of trying to get a cable engineer out, one arrived on Wednesday.  He ran some tests and agreed with the installation engineer that there was a fault in a the cable further back up the line.  He was going to pass it back to get it sorted.

Today I've spoken to TT and apparently there isn't a fault.  I've had 2 engineers come to the house and tell me there is.

TalkTalk is an apt name, as that's all that happens, just talk no action.

GOODBYE TALKTALK!!!! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi SteveB73,

That's the correct number for the UFO support team, when did you last speak to them?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
I've been dealing with the people who are on 0800 230 0272, which I believe is the UFO tech support.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear this. Was this our dedicated UFO Team that originally arranged this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes