NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFO Speed checker tool test

farhanazad85
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Message 13 of 13

Dear UFO Users,

We need your support for testing our Speed checker tool that has been specifically designed for UFO.

Please find the link: http://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

Please try the tool and share across your observations - ensure you capture screenshots of the results.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

To add, the speed checker tool can be accessed seperately as well.

Please use the following link: https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/ 

Please note: This link will only work on Desktop/Laptops browsers only.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hello All,

Our speed checker tool is now live on My Account.

Could you please log in to your My Account and click on the perform speed check and see if it works.

Please share your detailed screenshots, it will help us for the checks.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi John,

I understand your concern on using a different router. As long as your other router is TR69 compatible, it will work (no manual password configuration would be needed on the line).

If a customer uses another router apart from ours, we'll come to know :).

We are sorr on the temp loss of service on porting - we are aware of this fact and it is only impacting trailists who wish to port their number in. The team is trying to ensure this temporary disruption is kept low.

On the other note, was the TV package and TV boosts details clear?

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Many thanks for the info.

TBH, most users like myself who want to have better control will want to ditch the talktalk router and use their own, as here my Virgin Router is in Modem only mode  so I can use my own router and personal setup.

As a side note, I have had to lose UFO for a few days while phone number porting over is happening, so totally missing the UFO speeds. But I appreciate why I have to lose the service for a bit.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5173368699.png

So, looking forward to getting UFO back here :smileyhappy:

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi John,

The speed checker one tool the teams are working on the fix - the fix we implemented looks is not working and the teams are working on another deployment to resolve the issue.

With regards to the parental setting on the router, that one will not be sorted. The reason for the current setup is to differentiate the Home Sfe product and have users using Home Safe to control the settings rather than having users go via the Router directly.

Having mentioned that, the Parental setting on the router is hidden and can be accessed the way you outline earlier if advanced users wanted to make setting change directly on the Router.

For the issue you reported on the settings, we can confirm there will be a fix coming soon and it will be automatically deployed on the Router firmware update - I'll keep you all posted on the developments.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Will this and the router parental settings nvram issue be sorted before the end of the trial in 4 weeks time?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Gus,

Thank you for your feedback.

We've identified the issue and are working on resolving it.

Once it is resolved, we'll ask you to retest the link.

Thank you for your help :).

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

Message 8 of 13

Nope. Same thing happened to me, as happened to John.

Message 9 of 13

Info sent

Is the above speedtest working for others?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi John,

I have sent you a private note for more information on the test you performed on the speed checker tool.

We need some more information from your side.

Kind regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback, we're working on fixing it. Once it is fixed, we'll ask you to retest it.

Kind Regards,

Farhan.

0 Likes

joeyboswell
UFO Customer
UFO Customer
Message 12 of 13

Not working for me, tried with IE and Chrome.

I select cable connection, click on start test and it appears to just do a page refresh.

Regards

John

0 Likes