NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFO installed but has never worked

DanielGrimes
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I had UFO installed in the Dewsbury area on Tue (10/11/2020). The engineer did what he could but said due to a fault at the TalkTalk/CityFibre end it wasn’t working but it should be sorted in a few days. It’s my understanding that there is a software fault stopping new users being added.

It’s still not working today (13/11/2020), does anyone know what’s going on?

Also can anyone confirm I won’t be billed and my contract and 30 day cooling off period won’t commence until this is working, I obviously can’t evaluate the service until it is working!!

Dan

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's up and running now. Regarding the engineer appointment, probably as well to check this out with the UFO Support Team , they should be able to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

It’s up and running now and working well. The software problem stopping new users being added has been fixed so everyone in this situation should be up and running I think.

Only thing is I’ve had a text message saying my installation appointment has been rescheduled for 12/12/2020 15:00-18:00. The engineer has already been and installed it and it’s working, not sure why he needs to come again?

Dan

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi Dan,

How are you getting on, has the issue been resolved?

Chris

Message 4 of 7

@NatsWallis, if you take a look elsewhere on the forum,  you'll see that none of the contact links are easy to find, though Chat support is to be found here, when available, after 9am:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

I've asked for phone numbers to be displayed. Not having them is creating unnecessary repetition for Community Stars and slows down customers needing help. 

The answer is that for now, while so many help staff work from home this is the only way to manage the number of requests.....

The end of the pandemic cannot come soon enough, along with a swift end to "working from home"! It's no solution to efficient delivery of customer services!

@DanielGrimes, I hope you manage to reach Chat from the link in this post!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Michelle

I mentioned this to another of your colleagues, Chris on another thread. Please check the link you gave to the OP since it no longer seems to list ANY phone numbers, email addresses or even an online chat box

Nats Wallis
Old lady from York with IT skills
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend contacting our UFO Team directly below,

UFO Support Team 

Thanks

0 Likes