NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Code

RW_21
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I signed up to a renewal on the basis of an offer for existing customers.... 

After waiting a month..  nothing...... After web chats the promise of a code but no receipt .... After emails, again promise of a code and no receipt. 

Today I email again and the TalkTalk email account no longer works....come on! I used it 10 days ago! 

Increasingly frustrated and unlikely to remain or recommend TalkTalk again to family.  

Also seeing lots of people that have received their email with invalid codes, I haven't even received an email, and yes, I check my spam folders. 

Waiting now since renewal in April!  

Now I've signed up to the community so others in the future can see the impossibility of being sent a voucher code.  Is it all a scam TalkTalk?  

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

@RW_21 Thank you for confirming security

Your code was sent 2nd July can you confirm that you received it?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @RW_21

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

RW_21
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I'm happy to share my experience of this 'Offer'- It will hopefully help others not take the same decision.  

1) I was prompted to renew my TalkTalk package and At the time I clicked through from My Account on an offer of a free AmazonEcho Speaker. This free offer was part of my decision about renewing with TalkTalk instead of switching providers. 

2) After no voucher came through from Amazon I contacted talk talk webchat in April. I was told the voucher would come through directly from Amazon in a few days.

3) After  waiting I contacted web chat again in May. Firstly, I was told I had clicked on the wrong link to receive this offer - even though I clicked through from the offer page!  Secondly, after speaking with the webchat manager they agreed to send the voucher through in a few days.

4) I asked again this time via email - I was told a voucher had been sent on 8th May.  I checked my emails - no code.  Via email the code was shared with me.  I then tried the code given and it repeatedly failed.  

5) I was informed it would be escalated and a new code would be issued. 

6) Yet again no response from TalkTalk, I emailed again and the email account no longer accepts incoming emails - that is a disaster in customer service guys!

7) I resolve to share this experience here in public so everyone can see. 

I can only conclude that - 

1) The mechanism around renewing is flawed somewhere.

2) The offer does not exist. 

2) TalkTalk do not keep their word

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi @RW_21 

Can you give me more information please; 

What type of voucher was it? 

Amount?

What comparison site was used?

the more information we have the easier it will be to fix this. 

0 Likes