NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for an engineer

OKS34
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

My UFO stopped working on Monday morning. I called support at 9am and was told an engineer would be out in 24-48h to fix it.

Still no sign of an engineer yet so any idea of how long can I expect to wait? Is there any way to get TalkTalk to look in to this sooner?

I'm still in my 30 day trying period for UFO so very tempted to cancel and go to Virgin now. Both my partner and I work from home due to covid so completely depend on having the internet, so this loss of service without quick remedy is really not acceptable. 

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9
Engineer made it out late morning today. Nice guy who managed to fix the connection very quickly.

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Hi,

I've spoken to UFO support and it turns out the original ticket was raised with the wrong code by the support person I spoke to on Monday, so the network team didn't contact me as they should have. I've been told it'll be another 24-48 hours now.

So out of the three weeks I've been with TalkTalk I won't have had internet for one of them. Not impressed.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. If you're unable to get through when you call then please let us know and we can try and arrange for someone from the UFO Team to contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9
Hi OCE_Michelle,

I have not heard anything yet and still no engineer. I was going to call when the phone lines open to find out why no one has been yet.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi OKS34,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Are you still in contact with our UFO Team?

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

@OKS34 

There is a dedicated UFO board, maybe an OCE or Community Star can move the post.