NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak security IOS 14

Chesan
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

I have upgraded to IOS 14 recently i have noticed that my wifi become very slow and could not connect to the internet .  When i check my wifi connection on my phone it states that my wifi security is weak WPA and need to change to WPA2 AES or WPA3.  Can anyone help me with it

Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Divsec
Community Star
Message 1 of 8

Hi @Chesan glad you got the 2.4ghz back! The walkthrough Inthe link onpost 2 explains it better than I can.

It occurs to me that it could be your phone needs the change not the router?

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Can i ask you again about changing to wpa to wpa 2/wpa3? Mu router is huawei , i dont seem to find the way on how to change it .  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8
Thanks . I manage to flip it back .
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @Chesan if you follow the instructions on the link earlier you will be able to flip it back on.

If you cannot do that go for a router factory reset, there will be a small hole on the back or base of your router, press an unravelled paperclip into the hole till you hear or feel a slight resistance. All the lights will go out then the router will reboot and the default settings will be installed..

Message 5 of 8

I did not manage to change from wpa to wpa2 but i accidentally turn off the 2.4 ghz so now my laptops are not connected to wifi . I can not even see my network . Pls help me . I am not very good with computers 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8
I was able to get into the router account but i could not seem to find where to change the setting s
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Chesan Change your Wi-Fi Hub's security settings should help

0 Likes