NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Hub firmware

Greadman
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Hi, I'm having range and speed issues with my WiFi hub. On UFO and have blistering speed wired but unless you are sat on top of the router, only about 25Mb/s or less on 2G from about 12' away. I have set the channel (11) to the least congested and I seem to be the only one nearby using it, I really don't think this is an interference issue, just get constant poor range and speed. The WiFi hub is the first generation, new from when they came out so I'm wondering if I could give the firmware a check/update. The version is SG4K100136 on s/n N7180854N001953. Is this old and where can I get a newer version to upload? Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Greadman

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Greadman
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 8

Hi, thank you -REMOVED

Kind regards

Gordon

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Greadman

Please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from your new router, I can then turn off the WIFI optimisation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Greadman
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl, the new router is a vast improvement. Just getting ever so slight lag on occasions with son's PS4 but I've noticed the channel optimisation is on again. Could I please request this is turned off again as I'm finding myself on a congested chnnel. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

OK, lets see if the new router improves the wifi throughput speed.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Greadman
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Karl, have tried all the WiFi boosters and powerline type kit and a bit at the end of my tether!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

136 is the latest firmware for the router.  I'm showing approximately 13 devices connected to 2.4Ghz and one currently on 5Ghz.  I can see that optimisation is off and you have split the 2 SSID's, but the recorded average throughput for 2.4Ghz is 39mg and 5Ghz is 48mb.  This does seem a little low. I'll get a replacement router out and see if that will improve the performance.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes