NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working from home.

Latifa
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I work from home and today is Sunday I have no connection I called but  no one is working today. I mean you need to have emergency workers who should work 24/7 for emergency issues. Now I'm stuck i don't know what to do who to speak to. I reported a technical issue to talk talk they acknowledged it and said they will send an engineer in 2 to 3 days ARE YOU SERIOUSE 2 to 3 days I will be without connection what about my work. This is ridiculous it really is. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Andrew7856
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 5

To be fair to TT, is one person who cant get connection really an emergency to warrant the same day response?   Did the T&C you signed up to agree TT would attend same day in event of loss of connection?  You are using a consumer service here, dont expect business round the clock support I am afraid.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi Latifa,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, do you have  UFO connection? Have you been in contact with our UFO Team?

Thanks

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 3 of 5

Rediculous it maybe, but given you are posting here I assume you are a domestic rather which means that your link is not treated as being mission critical and is considered to be able to manage with longer response times than a business connection.  Or to summarise what I believe your situation is:. You have signed up for a budget domestic service from a provider that has one of the worst reputations for customer service going but  are expecting them to respond instantly, even on a Sunday, it order to support what you consider a mission critical service.   Realistically this will not happen because they don't offer that level of support to domestic customers, also if the problem is within the OR network they have to hand the problem over to them to fix, so the timescale is then down to the availability of OR Engineers and the priority OR attach to the problem.  The situation would be much the same whichever domestic ISP you were with.

If you view your connection as critical and you want 24/7 support and rapid fix times then you will need to sign-up to such a service and pay considerably more for it.

Generally, however the domestic service provided by all ISPs has a high up time so it is probably better to have an emergency backup solution such as mobile data for those periods when problems occur.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Yes, it is ridiculous, @Latifa .

You will need to use data to contact Chat. It shows a blue background banner when available. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

For staff following up during the week, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details so that they can identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Look for their response Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes