NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

York, YO24 outage

Njw372
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have been without phone and internet in the HollyBank Road area for over three weeks now. UFO support just keep telling me it is a street fibre issue but they don't know when it will be sorted. Anyone know anything else?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

peteb99
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 5

Hi Njw372.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your UFO, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Talktalk operate an automatic compensation scheme whereby you get £8.40 every day from the third working day of no broadband service.      Unfortunately, as per most UFO things, the automatic compensation doesn't work with UFO.    I would therefore make sure you make a note of all phone calls and emails you receive about the problem. When it is fixed, give them a ring and make sure you get the relevant compensation which will be quite hefty.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Peter

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello,

Thank you. I've escalated this now and will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Njw372
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Done. I have been in contact with support again today to be told just the same. It is with engineers. No idea how long things will take or whether a permit for road repairs has even  been requested yet from the council. Going to wait 30 days then will probably cancel. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you add your name and UFO order number to your Community Profile and we will try and escalate this for you. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes