NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network connector red light on ufo broadband

steve-e
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I've bought a talk talk network connector to connect my tv up to the internet via an ethernet cable as my main telly is a distance from my router and i'd like the connection to be stronger.  The 'home' socket is connected in the next wall socket to the router and the 'away' socket is in my garden room beneath the TV.  Of the three lights the central one is rapidly flashing red, the ones either side are both green although the one on the right flashes intermittently.

when i tell the telly to connect to the wired lan it will connect, but the connection is really slow and actually works better through the wifi.

I've tried re-pairing the two connectors but it doesn't change the situation.  

can someone please help?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi steve-e,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing problems?

Chris

0 Likes

Doris514
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Your Optical Network Terminator (ONT) has a number of status lights. Its PowerDSL and LAN1 lights should all glow a steady green. If any light is flashing or switched off, select the option which describes its status:

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi steve-e

Sorry for the delay.

Are they both connected on the same electrical circuit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

This indicates either the two units cannot connect to each other for some reason or a fault in your electrical wiring.

I suspect it is the former because probably your electrics in your house are not compatible with PLAs. Is the garden room on a different electrical ring circuit? These units need normally to be on the same electrical circuit.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?