Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre 150 (G.Fast) nightmare!

1 REPLY 1
MrSnill
Visitor

Anyone had issues with moving from 'normal' Fibre to G.Fast 150?

I had it installed a few weeks ago - new box in the house on the existing cable and the addition of the required openreach modem connected my router via the WAN port. 

Basically I only get around 70 to 80 Mbps as opposed to 150. Ive tried EVERYTHING - even connecting directly to the open reach modem via the WAN port and testing there. Also had TalkTalk send out their own engineer who tried the usual for 5 mins and couldn't find any issues at my end - so we had a BT engineer the following say for 6hrs!! he did everything - a 'lift and shift' at the cabinet - new modem - how own laptop etc - still only getting what I was on before 70 to 80 Mbps?

He tested the line sync and it gives a reading of 160 down and 30 up - basically the max you can get as the cabinet is outside my house!!

I'm convinced (as was the BT engineer) that the problem is with my 'profile' with Talk Talk and they are capping my speed based on my been on the wrong profile / account? It seems that way as i'm getting what I had before upgrading.

Speaking to support at TalkTalk is painful as they always want me to do the same old tests - but obviously nothing works as ive eliminated everything at my end now. Also tried my own router etc - nothing changes. 

Hopefully speaking to a 'manager' tomorrow - need to get them to look into my profile and ensure i'm set up with them correctly.

Anyone else been on this 'merry-go-round' with a G.Fast upgrade?

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MrSnill,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks