would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei TV box optical output

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Edtheted
Chatterbox

Hi I have a Huawei TalkTalk You View TV box which I have plugged into an optic cable that intern is  connected to my Maranzt MCR-610 hi-fi digi input but I have so sound when switched to “digital in”. Can anyone advise what I’m doing wrong please?

Edtheted
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Edtheted

Just to confirm, is the cable connected straight from the box to the TV? Are you using the cables supplied with the TV Box?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Edtheted
Chatterbox

The you view box is wired hdmi to the TV and the optical out socket is wired to the amplifier’s optic in socket. 

Edtheted
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Edtheted

Please can you check HDMI Cable is seated correctly at both the back of the Youview box and TV.  Hard reset the box via the button at the back.  Try changing Audio option on the Youview Box via SETTINGS > PICTURE & SOUND > HDMI Sound.  Try changing between Stereo and Surround and see if this makes a difference.

If possible please can you try a different HDMI cable. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Edtheted
Chatterbox

The hdmi from the you view box to tv is fine the tv sound works ok, it’s the maranzt Hi-Fi unit connected with the optic cable to the you view box optic out socket that has No sound, that’s my problem. 

Edtheted
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Edtheted

Did this work ok previously? Do you have another cable that you can test with?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Edtheted
Chatterbox

Still no sound, what is the optic output socket of the YouView tv box for what should it be connected to?

Edtheted
Highlighted
Edtheted
Chatterbox

The hdmi cable is connected directly to the tv which works fine, it’s the optic cable which is connected to the Maranzt amplifier input from your TT you view box which doesn’t provide any sound, what is the optic out socket on the you view box intended for??

Edtheted
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I'm not sure this output is used currently, I can see no options in the software menu that adjusts the sound for optical out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

If you go to the Settings menu > Picture & Sound you will that S/PDIF Sound (optical out) is supported. The only suggestion I can make is to toggle between Surround and Stereo. Also, be aware that you will need to control the volume via your sound unit rather than the TV box.

Highlighted
Edtheted
Chatterbox

Please can someone explain to me what the “optical out” socket on my Huawei TV “you view” box is for and if I can use it to play sound through my Hi-Fi amplifier?

Edtheted
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

You should be able to use it, but if your amplifier only supports stereo as I suspect then you should check the settings as I mentioned in my earlier post.