cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New UFO account - no access to My Account ("Oops" message)

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I've got a new UFO installation scheduled for Monday 7-9am.

I'm currently unable to access "My Account" to track the progress of my order and see if this date is still going ahead, as well as check my billing details and other things.

Logging in brings me to a message reading "Oops, something went wrong" and the page refreshes over and over again, showing this message repeatedly until I close the browser tab.

Can someone please take a look at this? My TalkTalk telephone number is in my profile.

Highlighted
First Timer
I should add that before someone wastes keyboard plastic telling me to take the standard steps of clearing browser cookies and rebooting etc that I've done all this prior to posting, and also tried both Chrome and Firefox and the problem persists - it is definitely at the TalkTalk end and not my browser 🙂
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @moorsideedge

There was a mismatch at our side, can you please re-register via www.talktalk.co.uk/login/ using the email address in your profile. 

That should clear the problem. 

Regards

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you - but there is still a problem. When I try and register, it goes through and recognises my account (it sends a verification text to my registered mobile number) but then once I've gone through the process of choosing a password, it tells me I'm already registered for My Account:

Good news, you're already registered to My Account. If you remember your username and password login. Otherwise reset your password

I can't log in at all now - it tells me that my username or password is incorrect. When I go to the "forgot my password" section, I get a message saying my account doesn't exist:

Your email address is not recognised. Check you have typed it correctly or you may need to register your TalkTalk details to gain access to My Account.

When I go to "register my TalkTalk details as above" I just go back around in the same circle. I've gone through the process several times with the same results. This seems like a bit of a mess!

Highlighted
First Timer

I did try the passwordless login (email me a link to log in) but the same thing happened as below:Screenshot_20200918_144930.png

It seems like I'm "half" registered - it recognises my details and email address, but then decides I'm not registered after all and takes me right back to the start of the process!

Highlighted

Hi @moorsideedge

I have checked your order and Im sorry to inform you that the order has been rejected, Do you have a contact number for the UFO team ?, If not please use the live chat facility on our website https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/ufo/broadband

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm unable to access Live Chat and the UFO helpline number plays music endlessly.

Please can you clarify what "the order was rejected" means specifically? Does this mean that the UFO service is unavailable at my address, or something else?

Highlighted
First Timer

Happy Monday! Just wondering if there's any chance of a response to this? You left me in suspense last week... 😐

Highlighted

Hi @moorsideedge

The order rejection states "ACTIVE CABINET IS NOT RELEASED", which I believe means its not available just yet.  (The UFO team will no better than me sorry)

Also I notice that the number given in your profile has now been assigned to another order for a different customer. 

Sorry again.