would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not a great start to UFO

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Greadman
Team Player

Had UFO installed 12/12 and noticed on the evening my internet service was frequently dropping out. Tried the landline and that drops calls. Looking at the box, the PON light stays on for a couple of minutes, then drops out, it seems as though something is resetting. Just called a fault in and the first appointment is 19/12 and even that is not guaranteed. I took a day off for the install and now will be taking another for the fault engineer, so that's how I'm using up my Christmas leave. Absolutely fuming, had a flaky service before and I thought UFO would be the answer. No usable landline and dropping internet for a week. I just wouldn't recommend TalkTalk to anyone.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Greadman,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service and that we can't get an engineer out sooner. UFO is usually very reliable but unfortunately there's always a chance that a problem can develop, albeit a small one.

Chris

Highlighted
Greadman
Team Player

So, after a couple of hours and all the home equipment being swapped out we still have the dropping connection (every couple of mins). At one stage it was being suggested my telephone kit was possibly causing this but thankfully with a bit of persuasion and the engineers test phone we quickly ruled this out. My PON light still goes out frequently. The fault has apparently now gone to the exchange people to test and the engineer has left, so I'm a bit 'what the heck is happening now'? My guess is that something was missed or duplicated on the swap over from my 'faster fibre' to UFO. Hopefully someone will update me, to be continued...

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Greadman,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you still in contact with our UFO Team at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Greadman
Team Player

Hi, I'm not getting my hopes up yet but this may have been resolved. Haven't had much time to check yet but line seemed stable from late evening yesterday. Just waiting for a message from the service desk to advise, presuming I'll get an email or message to my account or something. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Greadman

Thanks for keeping us updated. Our UFO Team should also contact you to confirm if this fault has been resolved.

Debbie

Highlighted
Greadman
Team Player

Update: Steady since just before Christmas. I received a call to ask if the service was ok and that they think there was an exchange issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Greadman

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Debbie