Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Salisbury FTTP

3 REPLIES 3
g7mjv
Wizz Kid

I've noticed that contractors are installing fibre in Salisbury at the moment. They'be been doing quite a lot of work in various manholes as well as installing extra DPs on the telegraph poles.

Does anyone know when this might go live please

Andy - Salisbury, Wilts
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @g7mjv 

Openreach are including the city of Salisbury in their Fibre First programme. 22,000 premises in the city to be passed by the full-fibre installation with predicted ready to order status by April 2020.  So that's a little over half of the city population. Virgin Media also cover around half the city population.

TalkTalk are still to make a positive start on reselling Openreach FTTP.  And the wholesale discount deal that Openreach published in September 2018, that included bulk discounts for communications provider resellers for the next 5 years, did exclude the Fibre First programme.

So, quite when TalkTalk will be ready to resell Openreach full fibre products and when they'll get access to the Openreach Fibre First portfolio is still unknown.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

g7mjv
Wizz Kid

That's interesting, many thanks for the information

Andy - Salisbury, Wilts
Gondola
Community Star

...You're welcome, Andy.

Let us know when you get the inevitable fliers through the letterbox if the full-fibre roll-out goes past your front door.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer