Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Shockingly poor UFO Customer Service

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

On 2/6/20, engineers successfully installed UFO. I asked for my existing landline number to be ported and was told by Customer Service this was straightforward; the UFO service would be disconnected and then reconnected within 24 hours with the number ported. Disconnection was immediate. However, despite 6 phone calls and raising a complaint, the service has still not been reconnected.  The latest is that there is an open problem with 'another team' which has no eta for resolution.  I can only assume TalkTalk do not want my business.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Steve

I'm really sorry to hear this.

You would need to contact our UFO Team so they can look into this further. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie thanks for the reply.  However, as stated I have called the UFO Team on 6 occasions to no avail.

My most recent call was on 1/7/20 when I was told that there was an open complaint and that TalkTalk would contact me when the ordering system issue preventing re-connection of my service was resolved. I have heard nothing since.

If TalkTalk want my business, I expect the company to be proactive in resolving the issue with their ordering system and to notify me when my service will be reconnected.  Simply directing me back through the same process that has provided the shockingly poor customer service is yet another example of being fobbed off by TalkTalk.

I look forward to the resolution of this issue and proactive communication from TalkTalk, assuming they still want my business.

Highlighted

Hi SteveG6

The latest update is that we are still unable to place orders at this time however you have been added him to the sales incident tracker so once the incident has been resolved we will actively look to contact you. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

So, to be clear, over 5 weeks has elapsed since the engineering work was completed to connect my home to UFO and yet there is still no date for activation the service.  It is pathetic that orders cannot be placed on your internal systems and there is no contingency in place.  I'm sure all that is required is a configuration change to port a phone number as the router and fibre connection have been in place since 2/6/20. You really need to get your act together as your performance to date has been dreadful.

Highlighted

I'm really sorry about this, would you like me to escalate your complaint into our CEO's Office?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris. There is already an open complaint with reference 1-000006-396657-0 which was raised at the end of June. All you are doing is moving the issue around without any sign of a resolution.  Please escalate if it will expedite a resolution.  My experience to date is that I would find it impossible to recommend any TalkTalk services.

Highlighted

I've escalated this to our CEO office, you'll be contacted, usually within 5 working days, by one of our Complaint Managers to discuss your complaint, apologies again for any inconvenience 

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Eventually got closure on this one.  Number was ported successfully and all services were fully live on 28/7/20 - 55 days later than expected date!  My tip to get TalkTalk moving is to put a complaint into the CEO team as quickly as possible unless there is rapid resolution through standard customer services.

Highlighted

Hi Steve

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved. I'm sorry for the delays.

Debbie