Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Still no light..........

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Had UFO installed on Tuesday by three cheerful and helpful engineers. Sadly, when they got to connecting it all up, they said "the pole is connected wrong in the cab", which translates to something like "the cable going from the telephone pole in the street is plugged into the wrong port in the street cabinet". Alternatively it means I'm connected to the wrong telephone pole, but the other one is a long(er) way from the house. No worries, I was told, the network team will sort it out for you, should be up and running later. Well, it is Thursday afternoon now, and no luck. Is this the start of one of these long sagas of getting UFO up and running? 😱

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi YoYoYo,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend contacting our dedicated UFO Team below and they will be able to check for an update on this for you.

UFO Support Team 

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Sounds familiar. My install was last Thursday and I'm still looking at a red flashing LOS light. I was told it would be sorted some time this week but the latest update is "there is still an investigation in place and has been raised with the engineers".

I really hope this is not indicative of how fast UFO faults are usually fixed, and I'm really glad I didn't give notice on my existing connection.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I was very worried that this would happen, given all the stories I've read. But I have been with TalkTalk for a long time, and mostly without too much hassle. This transition is proving different....

What really gets me is that whoever you speak to, the engineers or the people on the other end of the phone, they all seem to think that telling you it will be fixed is somehow making it ok. The mindset is not to provide an excellent service, but to 'manage the process'.

I seem to remember that at one point TalkTalk/UFO advertised saying the engineer would stay on the premises until the connection worked. I'm kind of glad they don't! There was 3 of them, all very nice, but I wouldn't want them to stay with me for what is now 3 days, and looking to be (much) longer 😂

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi YoYoYo,

Apologies for this.

Have our UFO support team provided any further updates?

Thanks

Debie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I was told by the support team that I would be contacted on Tuesday (yesterday). UFO is still not working, and no contact yesterday. I understand things will be very different under the current circumstances, so I guess we will just have to be patient. Does anyone know whether the network teams are still working?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Our network teams are still working, there will be times in the coming weeks when some will have to self isolate etc, but they are continuing to work through these difficult times.

Regards,

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

A gave the UFO support team a call this morning, and apparently yesterday my case was escalated to the installation (?) team. The guy on the phone was friendly enough, and we agreed there was little we could do at the moment. He did offer me compensation for the fact that I was still paying a standard contract price for normal TalkTalk broadband. Still, it is frustrating experience. It should now be sorted by next Thursday. But of course these are not normal times. We'll see. I do hope that once it works, it will prove to be reliable.