Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super optic fiber....

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi all! Just received my new router i was just wondering if i still needed the super optic fiber box? Clueless as to what it does & why i need it? Is it to do with stronger signal in the area? As i haven’t connected it yet and the signal works fine without it....? Thanks!xx

E M Campbell
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Emmacampbell71

You can just connect the new router now at the master socket, you wont need to use the separate router/modem as well.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
But im paying an extra £10 to have it a month 😂 do i need to cancel it now with talk talk? Im paying £57/£60 a month as it is!! Tia xx
E M Campbell
Highlighted

Hi Emma

Apologies for the confusion, which router did you have? (before the one we sent recently)

Do you mean power line adapters?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Its a white box with BT openreach onit, it has DSL, LAN1,LAN2, reset, bbu & power button...? Says on the back ESI TELECOM ltd (date of manufacture 2013, date of expiry 2018) xx

E M Campbell
Highlighted
Chatterbox

The old router i had was a small black box dsl 3780 broadbamd wireless NADSL2 router 

E M Campbell
Highlighted
Chatterbox

image.jpg

E M Campbell
Highlighted

Hi Emma

Thank you. You don't need to connect any of the old equipment now, you can just use the new router directly at the master socket.

If you would like to discuss your bill then I would suggest contacting our Customer Service Team using our Live Chat, they can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Debbie