Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Worst Internet Provider

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

TalkTalk is the most unreliable and unresponsive company I have ever experienced. Let me start by saying, I want to leave. But if I do, I get an exit fee which is the outstanding amount of my contract until March 2021. I want to leave because of the current pandemic. I can’t financially afford to pay for broadband. But they still want an exit fee. I tried to email them. They said live chat is open 7 days a week. It is Saturday, they divert me to this Community Forum. I tried to call them. Some automated reassuring voice says “Hi, Thanks for contacting TalkTalk we are here for you always 🙂 now, relax, have a cup of tea, tell me in a few words, what’s the reason for your call” what is he smoking? He sounds like my therapist. So we’ve covered call and email as a useless source of TalkTalking to TalkTalk. They haven’t responded on Twitter either. I want to leave this company and be with a new provider. I feel like I am forced to stay with them. That is unacceptable when I can’t afford it. The Internet connection is not stable, it’s not consistent for gaming, it’s bad. Why is it so hard to leave a company? I’m going with a new provider. They can send debt collectors and get £1 a month from me. At least I can talk to a F******* human then 

Highlighted
Community Star

Chat will reopen on Sunday.  It closed today at 7pm.

The phone lines are currently not usually available at weekends. 

Staff will start to catch up with forum posts on Monday during business hours,  @GamerBlink.

If you need help from the forum, best to wait for a reply before posting further,  to keep your thread moving forward in the workflow. 

If you need further help on here, please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GamerBlink

I'm really sorry to hear this.

To place a cancellation you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451720046.

The line will be open from 9am - 7pm. You would need to state the reason for your call when prompted - cancel my service.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Sorry for your financial situation. But that doesn't make talk talk a poor provider. 

I feel your pain sometimes speaking to a human is the best solution. But modern way use less people and be proactive at the same time. 

Hope your problem gets resolved. 

Regards

Highlighted
First Timer

I agree. It’s become really expensive. I ordered a TV box and it’s never come so I’m paying ££££ for a service I don’t even have. I moved house in May! 3 months with no TV. Everyone else I know pays under £20. Mines more like £50! I can’t even contact anyone and the exit fee is massive. 

Katothechef
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kato73,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

"But that doesn't make talk talk a poor provider. "

But their poor performance since the pandemic does - the constant disconnections that are becoming ever more frequent for many of us - the dire telephone support (has anyone managed to get through), and the scripted, pointless chat that will drive you insane...

that makes TalkTalk a company lacking in backbone, sadly, as they have been very good since I joined in 2013, up until this year.

If you still doubt this - take a look at Trustpilot reviews.

Fortes