Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk UFO unavailble to flats

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

I have come to find out that Talktalk UFO is unavailble to blocks of flats, flats above shops, etc., why is this and is there any plans to service flats like these with faster, better broadband? Or alternatively is there any way to pay for the service to be provided to specific flats?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

For an FTTP connection to be installed it has to be fibre direct to the premises.  

Blocks of flats would need to be cabled interally, and I'm not aware of any flats where this would be the case. 

Most blocks would only be cabled internally for phone lines.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

If that is the case will UFO only be installed on new build flats when they are being built, or is there still a way that this can be installed on existing flats?

Are there any plans to provide the service to blocks of flats? As blocks of flats seem to be neglected by all providers.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'm not aware of any way this can be provided to flats, and not sure if new build flats will be made ready, this is up to the developer / builder, or government etc.  Service providers will have no control over this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Mdina 

Right now the UK Government is tackling the provision of Ultrafast broadband services to large buildings by introducing legislation in the Telecommunications Infrastructure (Leasehold Property) Bill 2019-20.

The reason that this legislation is needed is because telecommunications operators face physical access and legal issues in providing fibre broadband services to leasehold properties.

The legislation is explained here but as that's not an easy read here's courtesy of the ISPReview website a summary of what's happening to improve the delivery of ultrafast to buildings like yours.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Is there a way to sign up with my address to register my interest so I know when it becomes available in accordance with the bill and whatnot?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Mdina 

The TalkTalk UFO Support Hub has a 'Register for updates' Post Code box to register with the TalkTalk UFO team so they know customers are waiting to receive the service.

Or to place an order for UFO call 0800 230 0219 and that'll certainly alert the sales team to the fact that customers are waiting.

Waiting for the legislation to go through is still a possibility so I'll bookmark this page to come back and let you know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for all the information you have provided me, I certainly will sign up and call.

Please do let me know if you find out anymore information.

Thanks.