cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

UFO available in area on Map and search, but UFO phone reps say otherwise...

8 REPLIES 8
mph15
Visitor

Hi all, I'm coming to the end of my contract with BT and have been waiting for York UFO to come to my postcode for the last 18 months. 

When I enter my postcode it says that its available, but when I go to place and order it says it cannot determine any details. Neither can the UFO reps on the phone. 

Does this mean that my postcode or street doesn't have access to UFO or is the map wrong?

I'm on the fence here, and I've got 30 days to make a decision. I'd like to move to UFO but I don't really want to be stuck on a standard Talktalk connection if UFO is not available for another year or so... unless someone can convince me otherwise. 

Advice is much appreciated.  🙂 

Community Team

Hi mph15

I'm really sorry to hear this.

This order would need to be placed by the UFO Team. I would suggest contacting them again to see if they can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

mph15
Visitor

Would you know if I can upgrade to UFO when it is available in my area for Free, if I take out a contract with Talktalk standard broadband in the meantime?

heideroosjes
Sightseer

I've had the same issue. The map suggests it's available to order, but when trying to place the order it suggests it is still 'coming soon'.

I spoke to the UFO support team and they stated that the systems still show the network for my area being 'built'. One agent suggested I wait 48 hours (2 weeks later and it's still can't be ordered). The second agent couldn't confirm when it would become available.

It makes a big difference when working out when to cancel existing suppliers, or renegotiating existing terms.

To your question about being upgraded to UFO free of charge (if you've taken up the standard Fibre product) the website suggests this is the case. I can't comment on whether I trust this to actually happen, and would always take a screenshot of the webpage that states this before going ahead with the order.

Community Team

Hi mph15,

Sorry for the delay. It would be worth chatting directly with our dedicated UFO Team as they will be able to provide more information on this.

UFO Support Team 

Thanks

heideroosjes
Sightseer
When I contacted them they were unable to clarify when it would be available
Community Team

Hi heideroosjes,

I'm sorry they couldn't tell you when it would be available, did they ask you to check again at a later date?

Chris

heideroosjes
Sightseer
Hi, initially 48 hours, but 72 hours after that I contacted them again and they couldn't give a time frame.
Community Team

I'm sorry that they couldn't give you a time frame, unfortunately we aren't able to offer you any more information, I can only suggest maybe contacting them again in a couple of weeks time

Chris