Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

UFO installed and waiting for the light to stop flashing

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I was wondering exactly how long it takes for the PON light to stop flashing and come on solid?

The engineer was in a bit of hurry this morning and was finished by 11.30am and he seemed surprised that it wasn't lit already. Now in my head I always catastrophise and imagine the worst possible outcome when things are out of my control. 

I had the engineer come and install the fibre optic cable this morning via the telegraph pole. I was very impressed with how quickly he did it and he listened to my idea about where to install it, not to mention the fact he got the fibre optic cable installed and connected to my house by himself. I'm still puzzled by that, and very impressed. 

Thanks for your help 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
It's past midnight now which is when customer service said it will be active.

It's just sat there blinking. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Staff will reply during business hours,  @Satyris410.

Please complete your community forum profile details so that they can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your TT landline number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Popular Poster
How am I supposed to identify my VOIP landline number when it won't connect to the network? The rest of the information is filled in!
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Does it normally take a long time for it to actually connect, for the PON light to stop flashing? Am I waiting for somebody in a server room somewhere to connect me?

I keep getting excited because every few flashes it stays on solid for a few tens of milliseconds, then it continues its blinkenlights.

I'm still really excited
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Satyris410,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend contacting our dedicated UFO Team directly so they can look into this for you.

UFO Support Team 

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks for getting back to me. I have spoken to them and they said there is a scripting error in the software that registers customers. Everybody who was connected yesterday is in the same situation as I. The database is not recognising the fact that the engineer has been and that we can now be switched live.

They hope that the problem will be solved by today...
Highlighted

Hi Satyris410,

Thanks for confirming this and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi, I shall keep you posted. In case there is anybody in the same situation as I, I spoke again to the team today and they said that engineers are working to fix the problem that is affecting all recent connections to the UFO system.

They said they do not have a time frame for fixing this issue and that, from the tone of his voice, there's little point in my ringing again tomorrow to enquire about the progress of the issue.

I'll update you after I ring them tomorrow.
Highlighted

Hi Satyris410,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you don't hear anymore by tomorrow then please let me know and I'll see if I can find out any more information on this for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I am delighted to say that I am now connected. The lights that are meant to be green are green and the light on the router is white. Not quite reached the full speed potential yet but a much better situation than no Internet.

Thank you so much for your help.
Highlighted

Hi

That's great news, thank for letting us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Phenomenal speed. It's amazing to think the limiting factor is now my network! 

20200822_192300.jpg

Upstairs I get maybe a tenth of that but I don't even mind because it gives me something to tinker with! I'm ridiculously happy. You never think about how precious unfettered Internet access is until you are counting the megabytes. I think it will be some time before I take it for granted. 

Highlighted

Hi Satyris410,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks