Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

What speeds am I supposed to have?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Bearing in mind I signed up for the at least 900mbps...

We got UFO installed on Saturday as were tending to hover around 120 to 200 via WiFi and we managed 600 once via Ethernet to the PS4 but that’s not been achieved again. Powerlines are slow, presuming internal wiring of house. 

So my question is, what do people actually get? 

Highlighted
UFO Customer

I think you are doing well with those speeds.

Search through the forum, been covered many times before.

1. Don't expect 900 via wifi, it cannot do it. Lots of other factors for wifi.

2. 600 is good on Ethernet to a PS4, but it depends on the PS4 service that reports the speed.

Basically, a lot of speed test services/websites and wifi cannot actually handle the speed in their reports.

Highlighted
UFO Customer

As below, using a PC hard wired, and a site that can handle the speed test, just 2 mins ago here. I have always achieved this speed since installation, but all depends on your home bottlenecks.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9892956712

Highlighted
First Timer
I had a look through the forum but mainly found complaints where the service was bad if that makes sense.

I don’t expect it to be super fast over WiFi don’t worry! Shouldn’t really have any bottlenecks in the house as I actually haven’t connected everything up to the new internet and the nighthawk router sped it up a little. One likes to think MU MIMO will make a difference! Next test is to take my PC downstairs and see what happens when I hook that up to the router. If anything is capable of getting good speeds it will be that. Fingers crossed I get them!