The new router arrived and was installed last night but synced at almost the exact same speed as the 1st replacment so both new routers are 4meg slower than my original unit?
There was an overnight firmware update so my stats are now showing a connection time of 8 hrs (after the firmware re-boot) but the sync speed is still below the min guaranteed speed for my line.
Thanks for retesting. I'll feed this back to our Products Team in regards to the speed difference between the routers. Would it be possible to continue with the HG633 router or does this one still have stability issues?
Concerning the 3 Wifi hubs referred to in these posts they are all the Sagemcom Fast 5364-3.T8 router. To clarify I've detailed below:
My original unit connects at 30meg and reports a max line speed of 36meg pretty much everytime.
The 1st replacement has never connected above 26meg and never reported more than 29meg as the max line speed.
The 2nd replacement is pretty much the same as the 1st replacement unit.
All three show the same data for hardware and software & I can give you the s/numbers if you need them?
I haven't used the HG633 for probably 12 months but it was generally poor when I did use it.
It's difficult to say if the connection was stable or not as I have already said historically most of my routers routinely disconnect after a few days. I generally only notice it when there is a speed drop as there was recently.
For now I'm back on my original Sagemcom wifihub which immediately reconnected back at 30meg (max 36).
I'll let you know how the stability goes on that hub.
To be honest as of yesterday morning I've swapped over to a third party router just to see how it compares to the wifihub so no need for the HG633 unit.
As it stands at the min my line stats are better on the third party unit and I'm now 100% certain that the DLM has banded my line at 29999 so I guess I'm stuck there for the duration of my contract?
I will keep you updated how the line stability goes with the new router although I appreciate you may prefer it to stay the same 🙂
I'm quite happy to revert back to the wifihub if your tech guys can sort the speed issue out.
Thanks for your reply.
If the connection remains stable with your router connected then DLM should start to increase the speed.
It may be worth powering down your router for 30 minutes (so it starts a new session) and then monitoring this.
We can check the connection stats again in 48hrs to see if DLM makes any changes to the speed/profile.
The new router has been in use for a week now and I've had not issues with disconnections etc so everything looks good right now.
The sync speed is static at 29999 and has been since I connected the new unit.
The reported max speed started at 39 but gradually fell back to 34/35 over a couple of days and has since remained pretty stable so overall the stats look much the same as my original wifihub but the connection seems more stable.
So my new router has held on admirably since I installed it with no disconnections and a very stable 30meg sync speed.
The bad news is that after a couple of days of heavy rain it disconnected today and I'm back down to 27meg so it looks like my water ingress theory may be right after.
I'm not sure what if anything can be done as last time it took OR three visits to find the problem when it evident most days and then when they had supposedly fixed it my line speed was 10 meg slower that it had ever been and it has been ever since.
Any idea's where we go from here?
There's a very faint hiss in the background but nothing unusual, no crackling or anything like that.
The current line stats are below:
The connection was stable for 15 hrs after the disconnection with the downstream showing around 27meg current but the max was down at 33 and the SNR was 4.??.
I powered it down for around 1 hour then restarted and got 27 meg again but the max rate had gone to 38 and the SNR was at 7.8 - The connection has again been stable for 23 hrs now but max line rate and SNR have been steadily falling back but that's pretty much what happened when I first used this new router.
We have some pretty heavy weather forecast over the weekend so if that arrives I'll keep an eye on the stats and let you know what happens.
I have swapped back to the WiFi hub for now as I need to use my third party router for something else for a little while. Between me advising of the last disconnection and drop in speed that router remained stable for approx 1 1/2 days before I shut it down.
Since switching back to the hub the connection has been ok for 2 days but it's still stuck at 27meg. Remarkably we didn't get as much rain as predicted but I have noticed the noise margin is low and seems to move around a bit. The highest I've seen it with the hub (over this two day period) has been 4.1 and the lowest around 3.6. When my connection runs up to the DLM limit of 29999 the SNR is usually 6.0-6.5 or higher.
I will leave the hub connected for now a let you know what happens.
I haven't been able to provide any updates for a while but thought I should.
After my last update the TT Wifi hub was more or less ok for around 10 days. During that time I had one or two disconnects, the speed was averaging around 26meg and the SNR was moving around the 4 mark.
I swapped back to the third party router and got 30meg but still with a low(ish) SNR and after about 5 days showing an error count around 3000.
Openreach carried out some work (for a neighbour I assume) in the manhole where they found the water issue last time and follwing that my router showed a disconnection on the same day. Since then it's been stable a 30meg with a higher SNR (around 5.9) and an error count of 77 after 6 days so I'm hoping whatever they did affected my line in a positive way 🙂
The max reported line speed is showing around 37 but my line is still stuck at 29.9 so it seems almost certain the DLM has capped my line as it will not go beyond this limit.