Did you mean: 
Need help?

location of installation of home port

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

A few questions please:

Is it possible for the installation to be run up external walls to first floor level to install in a first floor room at the front of my house, rather than it having to be installed at ground floor level?

Do you need power and a phone port close to where the home port will be installed?

How much would locating the home port upstairs affect wifi performance downstairs?

thanks very much!

Highlighted
Chatterbox

mines on the first floor and near 2 sockets.  i didn't have the phone socket installed as you can put the phone straight into the fibre to ethernet convertor.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @rogdog1 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. A lot of hearsay in what follow. Openreach will only connect to nearest point, upstairs might be possible but probably at a price. WiFi downstairs will inevitably be deteriorated by router upstairs. A power socket near to the phone socket is invaluable but I don't think openreach take it into account.

Please take the above with a pinch of salt 😊

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please. 0345 172 0046 working Lo
Highlighted
First Timer

thanks Darran. Did they take the cable from the telephone pole? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

no mine comes in under the drive. of the pole should be easier i guess?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rogdog1,

I've included a Help Article below which contains more information on the installation process 🙂

How UFO is installed

Thanks