cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Xbox One Connection (Party / Online Issues)

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
JamieD33
Chatterbox

Hello I need of help please,

I''m having alot of connection issues when playing on Xbox Live via the Xbox one.

It will kick me off the interenet game / leave party or sit in party saying " Error Code 0x89231806 " Your network settings block the Party Chat. 

This is even though every other device is connected to the internet is still connected. I've factory restert router and still having issues.

the router i have is the super fast fibre router and I have fibre med speed in the house. talk talk have ran endless connection test but the issue still persist. If anyone can solve this i would be most greatful because its getting on my wick now. 

Jamie Dennis
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Jamie,

Who is originated the connection, is it you out to the internet, or others on the internet contacting you?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

JamieD33
Chatterbox

Hi Keith.

It's my connection to the Internet as it happens during online games and to the xbox live party chat.

Jamie Dennis
KeithFrench
Community Star

In that case, you do not need port forwarding when you are connecting to the internet. PF is only required if a connection attempt is coming into your router from the internet, without PF the router does not know which device to forward these IP packets to.

Whilst I can't comment on your exact error, could this down to speed issues or drop outs? Assuming this happens on a wireless connection, does the XBox support a wired connection? If so could you try that temporarily, just to try & identify if this is a wireless issue, or more a problem between the router & your internet destination?

Next time this happens, can you get me the system log from your router covering that time period, with the Display Level set to "Informational". This can be found at:-

Maintain > System Logs

Then click the Save button to put it on your device.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

JamieD33
Chatterbox

Hey Keith, 

I'm currently already using a wired connection I've logged onto the logging bit and it's came up with s up port scan attack packet 192.168.1.100 which is the static ip of the xbox I've assigned. 

Any way I can make a static ip Bypass firewalls?  

Jamie Dennis
JamieD33
Chatterbox
Hey Keith, 

I'm currently already using a wired connection I've logged onto the logging bit and it's came up with s up port scan attack packet 192.168.1.100 which is the static ip of the xbox I've assigned. 

Any way I can make a static ip Bypass firewalls?  
Jamie Dennis
KeithFrench
Community Star

You cannot stop any form of attempted intrusion attack on your router, that hasn't been previously blocked typically by the ISP.

Once this attempted attack comes into the router, it is blocked by the router's firewall. This firewall then sends a message to the router itself, telling it that this was blocked. The router then adds this for you to see in the log. So why would you want to bypass the firewall, this log is proof it is protecting you?

Now we know it is not a wireless issue, I really need to see that system log covering the time period of the problem.

As a bit of a speed check, please can you get your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG633 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

Next can you also go to this speed checker:-

http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Please can you paste the results here?

Keith