Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cancelling my contract

6 REPLIES 6
karudaniela
First Timer

My flatmate and I have had to relocate back to our home country due to coronavirus, and I would like to cancel our contract but once you phone the number provided regarding cancellations (03451720046), there is an automated message just before being referred to a team saying the line has been closed. 

We have quite a bit of our contract left and would like to inquire if there was any chance of getting at least some of the payments waived due to the current situation as me and my flatmate are unemployed and both graduating from uni into a non-existent job market. However, if you can only call to cancel your service, and the only number provided is closed (not to mention other services being prioritised for those who are at-risk), what are we meant to do? 

Thanks

karudaniela
First Timer

Hi,

still looking for someone to help me with this as there's no reply on the phone when I try calling the above number, and despite what they say on the phone, there is no live chat available. Every single time I try looking for it I just end up being redirected here. 

It's also now been over two weeks since my initial post and I figured someone would have helped me already. I'm not going to be paying for a service I'm not using and frankly it's ridiculous that customers are being made to run around in circles.  

Thanks

EmilyM
First Timer

Hi, I have the same issue. I would like to cancel my contract but can find no way of doing this, I get cut off on the phone and can't even find an email address anywhere. Ours is new contract but we have decided to remain with our current supplier who subsequently offered us a better price. I'm trying to cancel within 20 days so I don't get charged the cancellation fee but can't find any way to do this. I have already cancelled my direct debit.

Please let us know how we can cancel. Thanks, Emily 

EmilyM
First Timer

@karudaniela I read on another post that when you call 0345 1720046 you need to say customer loyalty team, anything else and you just get cut off. We managed to cancel this afternoon. Hope it helps!

karudaniela
First Timer

Hey Emily, 

Think I saw the same one before and I managed to get through but couldn't stay on the phone for longer than an hour at the time so couldn't wait to see if I'd have got through eventually. I tried saying I wanted to speak to the loyalty team again a couple days ago and it said the line had closed, but I guess I'll try that again. There's also been no call so far from the loyalty team even though it's getting close to 48h now... 

Absolutely fantastic. 

-Daniela

karudaniela
First Timer

Alas, I got one call that rang for literally a second, since I saw it light up on my screen but didn't manage to pick it up fast enough when it had already disconnected. I tried calling back immediately, but no answer. Now the chat's not working either and honestly I am running out of ideas, so if someone could help me sort this out that would be great. I've just had to pay for another month because I've had no luck in getting through to anyone, and I'm not paying for another. 

My next stop will have to be calling the hotline for Scottish consumer rights and complaints. 

Thanks.

SocialTeamEmma
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi karudaniela,

I'm sorry if you were unable to get to the phone in time. I've sent a PM to confirm a couple of details so we can help.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution