Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extra Charge on Bill

3 REPLIES 3
Spacedtime
First Timer

Hey, so I was on a Superfast Fibre and Line Rental contract. It was coming to an end so I decided to renew my Superfast Fibre and Line Rental for £26.00 per month for another 18 months.

But when I look at my bill this month it is £38.37, including £12 for unlimited UK calls boost..? I didn't ask for this and don't even use my landline, so can I not remove this option from my package?

Thanks.

AllyM
Wise Owl

It seems odd that they would add a boost without you agreeing to it. Just guessing here, are you sure that you didn't perhaps have the boost free on your previous contract. Now that the free deal has expired, the boost has been carried over to your new contract but reverted to full price. Have a look at your previous bills.

In any case, you should be able to remove the boost yourself in MyAccount - My services menu > manage calling features.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

@Spacedtime, renewing through a one click email or My Account, there's a tendency for Talktalk to throw in extras, eg the TV charge, and the Calls boost seems to have been making an appearance too lately.

If you didn't have this set up before, then certainly mention that you had no idea that it was being added.

Staff are not on the forum over the weekend. 

Chat is available from links on this page, 9am-6pm:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Phone help is available from 03451 720046 (not Sunday).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Spacedtime

Ive checked your account and the unlimited calls boost has been on your account since 2019 it was free as part of your contract at that time. 

It will have been shown on your bills, You can remove the boost via My Account.

Regards