Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem following house move.

9 REPLIES 9
lundolwen
Chatterbox

I moved house on 13/10/20 and requested my landline number be transferred to new address. This was done on 15/10/20 but it is no longer linked to talk talk. I can not access 1571 and no one can leave a message. If I ring 1571 a recorded message tells me I am not subscribed to this service. I had no problem before I moved and none of the phone calls I have made since moving are listed on my account on website. Have phoned but no help.

ferguson
Community Star

Voicemail is now a subscription service only. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-TalkTalk-voicemail/ta-p/2223365

I have moved this topic to the My Account section so that the support team can investigate why your calls are not being listed. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

lundolwen
Chatterbox
I was able to access 1571 before the move and it cost me 2p each time I did it. I did not need to subscribe to the service.
martswain
Philosopher

Standard Voicemail is gone, dead, defunct, just like the Norwegian Blue.

It cannot be revived.

If you want voicemail, your only option is to subscribe to Voicemail Plus.

Martin
lundolwen
Chatterbox
I cannot subscribe to voicemail as I am no longer being treated as a talk talk customer after my phone number was transferred to my new address. That is the whole problem. I do not know why. Maybe the transfer was not done correctly. Nobody knows why my landline number lost its connection to talk talk or knows how to fix it.
OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @lundolwen

I have checked your account and it is live at your new address, and voicemail was transferred at the same time. 

What happens why you try to use the phone?  do you have a dial tone, can you make/ receive calls ?

lundolwen
Chatterbox

I have a dial tone and can make and receive calls but no one can leave a message and if I call 1571 a recorded message says I am not subscribed to this service. I could use it before I moved and in My account that box is ticked and I have tried unticking and reticking it but it won’t work. Also there is no list of calls I have made since moving. It’s as if a record of my calls is not going to talk talk. I don’t know where they are going. I am not being charged for calls outside my package as I should be.  Maybe when the transfer to new address was done, something was done wrong or not done that should have been done. It’s a mystery and I hope you can solve it.

OCE_Arne

Hi lundolwen

Can you please retest.  

If it is still not working then unfortunately we will not able to supply standard voicemail as we actually stopped that service about 18 months ago, only customer who currently have that service can use it.   I suspect that during the homemove switch it has been disabled on your line, (Despite what My Account shows)

The only solution is to add Voicemail plus. 

lundolwen
Chatterbox

I have tested as you suggest and I have been able to access 1571. The recorded message says Welcome to voicemail plus followed by the usual options and a new one (press 9 for other voicemail options) I wonder if something has been done as it would be very unlikely to have rectified itself! Thank you very much. It’s great to have voicemail back but I’m not sure the other problem has been solved ( the problem that there is no list of calls made since I moved on 13th October.

OCE_Arne

Thanks for re-testing, glad its working,.  There nothing we can do about the calls list prior to Voicemail reactivating, Sorry